• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

New From Panama City fl

Fl_CoinHunter

new to the hobby and love finding my local history and coins . Looking for a friend in the hobby. I found a few others but they want to be top secret and just take the fun out of it. I rather find clad all day long with a buddy then find awesome stuff and can't give anyone a silver fist bump. Let me kno if you can go hunt

new to the hobby and love finding my local history and coins . Looking for a friend in the hobby. I found a few others but they want to be top secret and just take the fun out of it. I rather find clad all day long with a buddy then find awesome stuff and can't give anyone a silver fist bump. Let me kno if you can go hunt

Those guys who want to be "top-secret" (and not hunt with beginners, etc...) are not "lone-rangers" (though they may paint themselves that way, as "islands"). Instead they will indeed have buddies to hunt with, show off and compare, etc... (the "fun" that you allude to) It's just that their circle might tend to be VERY small.

But there's others that have different personalities, yet at the same time more experienced and hardcore. You'll meet some. Good luck !

Welcome from Winnsboro, South Carolina !!!!

There's plenty of friendly people on this forum to hunt with, but they are too far away for many of us :lol:

:mder:_____:mder: _____:mder:_____:mder:

Its more like I share a spot and I might get invited after they cherry pick everything. Seemed to me like I was just info of where I was finding stuff and not getting a spot in the group. Not necessarily that I'm a rookie cause I brought research and permissions to the table just never got invited to there spots. I'm not someone who is going to leach off another person for spots im just trying to find someone to go with cause it sucks going by my self all the time .

Welcome from central Indiana!

If you were around here, I'd certainly enjoy cleaning house on clad as well. Odds are, we'd eventually hit a ring eventually and multiply the return on finds. Good luck in your hunting and finding a local metal detecting buddy as well. Facebook is quite powerful if you search for local groups or something like that.

Thank you , I have a old football feild in my town that was popular in the early 90s and you can literally walk around and cherry pick quaters , never thought about jewelry. Mite need to pay better attention around there . I don't have fb I got rid of it a while back.

I would join you but afraid I wouldn’t be much help. Mainly hit the beaches, but not successful. Willing to learn :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CoinHunter,
I'm curious are you a local resident or a military member? I ask only because I was stationed at Tyndall AFB from Nov 2017 until October 2018 when Hurricane Michael arrived. I can tell you that I had cleaned out the Parker Sports Complex and the Under The Oaks Park. I also did real well on base. Out in Mexico Beach the used the be a restaurant, Tucan's, and I used to do real well there as well. Good luck. Dirty Nails

CoinHunter,
I'm curious are you a local resident or a military member? I ask only because I was stationed at Tyndall AFB from Nov 2017 until October 2018 when Hurricane Michael arrived. I can tell you that I had cleaned out the Parker Sports Complex and the Under The Oaks Park. I also did real well on base. Out in Mexico Beach the used the be a restaurant, Tucan's, and I used to do real well there as well. Good luck. Dirty Nails

It’s very clearly written metal detecting is prohibited on Tyndall AFB. This is true of most military bases. You can get permission, but it’s pretty clear they don’t want you doing it. Watched them dig up an old sidewalk in front of the building I worked in which started out as an old schoolhouse back in the 40’s. Wasn’t worth my career, or my detector to give it a shot. Toucans is nonexistent after Hurricane Michael, and appears all sanded in. The property is for sale. Under the Oaks Park...hardly any oaks left. I’ve found recent drops, and mostly slaw, nails, and shards of aluminum. Barbara who owned an MD business here before her move to Kentucky found some nice old silver coins by one of the older oak trees there. She had started a MD club, but don’t know what happened to it. Sports complex has not had any action since Hurricane Michael, and now this COVID thing. There are probably still things to find, but that park doesn’t date back too far. There is also the old school house (which was relocated from its original position) at the men’s club boat launch and sports complex. Lots of landfill, aluminum shards, and can slaw. I’ve found only clad there. Too maddening for a newbie like me and frankly I suck at metal detecting. There are places I’d like to hit around here but not sure exactly how to get permissions because many are clearly marked no trespassing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

... I also did real well on base....

It’s very clearly written metal detecting is prohibited on Tyndall AFB. This is true of most military bases. ...

This is so typical. Someone comes on an md'ing forum saying how they md'd some place (and , btw, had no issues or problems). Someone else comes on saying "that's off-limits to md'ing". :?:

JCinPC, curious how you determined that it's off-limits there ? Is there a specific rule there that says, explicitly "no md'ing" ?

I've hunted scores of military bases, no problem . Oh ... sure, you need to steer clear of obvious historic sensitive monuments. And ... sure ... the post-9/11 era has buttoned down bases (but nothing to do with md'ing. And you can be on a base as long as you have legit reason to be there in the first place). But no, I'm not aware of any rule that touches/affects all military bases that somehow make them off-limits.

So do tell us how you came to this conclusion for that base. Perhaps that singular base dreamed up such a rule (and , if so, I have a sneaking suspicion of how that came to be. Care to take a guess ?) Thanx.

Back
Top Bottom