Today Barber Silver; Yesterday .925 Silver

Leave-No-Coins-Behind

Forum Supporter
Today, I returned to this small postage stamp size park that I happen to stumble onto yesterday while driving to another potential location. I am glad I returned to the park today as I found a 1910-D Barber dime.

Yesterday, my treat was a good size silver ring plus the usual clad.

Practically none were surface finds. The Barber was 7-8" down. Thank goodness for the dime as to give me something good to post on the board. Since I was at it, I have included pics from both days. This dime puts my silver count at 42 FTY. HH.

Attachments

• Coins Silver #42 09172019 001.jpg
    Coins Silver #42 09172019 001.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 411
  • Coins Silver #42 09172019 003.jpg
    Coins Silver #42 09172019 003.jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 429
  • Coins Silver #42 09172019 004.jpg
    Coins Silver #42 09172019 004.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 415
  • Coins Silver #42 09172019 005.jpg
    Coins Silver #42 09172019 005.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 435
  • Coins silver ring 09162019 001.jpg
    Coins silver ring 09162019 001.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 444
  • Coins silver ring 09162019 002.jpg
    Coins silver ring 09162019 002.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 411
  • Coins silver ring 09162019 004.jpg
    Coins silver ring 09162019 004.jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 422
Last edited:
Thank you!

Congrats on silver #42 FTY! Sweet Barber dime. :woot:

Thanks Wolf-Dog! I was glad to see it was a Barber to add to my fty count.

Nice looking barber and ring . Congratulations

Thanks yooper69! I am hoping this location still holds a few more goodies.

Nice hunt all the way around.....Really nice barber Dime.

Thanks diggin4clad! It those few occassional pieces of silver that makes the heart pump a little bit faster.

Nice pair of hunts with the Barber and the Sterling, good clad totals too!

Thanks LovetheShiny! Those Barbers are an extra treat for sure when it comes to silvers.

Thank you!

Congrats on the silver John, she cleaned up nice. Hope theres more where that came from. HH Mark

Thanks Mark! I went back to the same location today only to pick up some of the small crumbs I had missed. Now it's time for me to find a new site knowing that the potential rate of return is just not there anymore at least for me at this site.

Congrats on the Beautiful Barber, and 925 ring Jak!!!

Thnaks Lil Worm6! Those Barber always give me that extra adrenaline rush which sure feels good.

Looks like you're killing it in the field. Good job!

Thanks Rigoler012! This year I think I am on par with last year results with silvers and clad. But what is interesting my silvers have been older dates.

Good results! Nice lineup of clad, one beautifully plump looking ring, and the "ONE DIME" from way back! :yes:

Thanks Foragist! I normally do not write-up a common single silver find but finding those two in two days I thought I do a combo thread especially with the ring being a little bit on the heavy side..

Awesome dime and ring, congrats!

Thanks Jamflicker! After going back to the site today, I was just lucky to find that one Barber and the ring.

That's a nice hunt, I would have been very pleased with that! :D

Thanks PrussianBleu! I am always happy just with the usual bread and butter clad but the silvers were a nice bonus to the hunt.

Thank you!

Some terrific hunting John. Congrats on the Barber, the Sterling along with another very fine clad take. Trapper

Thanks Trapper again for your kind words! It was totally unexpected in finding those two type of silvers. It was one of those parks that started out very slow until I moved into the what I thought was more of the over-worked areas by other detectorists. I went back to it yesterday again only to sweep up some of the crumbs that I had left behind.

Nice looking Barber!

Thanks Saoirse! Every-now-and then I get lucky. Luck was with me that day for sure.

You get extra points for snaring that barber from 7 to 8" ! However, I am disappointed that this east coast post did not include an LC or colonial copper. You guys are slipping lately ! :laughing:

You get extra points for snaring that barber from 7 to 8" ! However, I am disappointed that this east coast post did not include an LC or colonial copper. You guys are slipping lately ! :laughing:

Dang tom with all that talk I find it hard not to point out the lack of gold coins showing up from you lately....:p . As for me I have one or two largies this year and a handful of seated:laughing:

... I find it hard not to point out the lack of gold coins showing up from you lately.... ....

Ouch. You outed me. You're right. I hang my head in shame. :no: It's been a couple of years now since my last one. I'm over due for my 16th. But my hunting buddy dug one just 50-ish yards from me (a rare date $5) just a year or so ago.

Oh well, we may not dig gold coins hand over fist, but don't forget : We get first dibs on the rarer numismatic S mints. We don't allow our key date S mints to go east of the Mississippi after all :D

Awesome finds! Rings are fun but old coins are what got us into this hobby. That barber dime is CLEAN! I've only found one and she was pretty beat up. But I got the date haha.

Back
Top Bottom