Hunt at a 1787, 1801, and 1857 houses today

coin whisperer

Elite Member
Well today was one of those days when I had half Disme, trimes, draped silver, reales and all kinds of coppers dancing in my head. I received permission to hunt a farm with three houses on the property ranging from 1787, 1801 and 1857. Unfortunately the grass was way to thick and tall to detect plus it was unbearably hot and humid. I managed to swing for three hours and besides the tons of trash I only found one wheatie, a blazer button and the back casing of a silver plated pocket watch. I’ll be going back this winter once the vegetation dies down. There also was a very old cemetery and a rock house for slaves on the property. Ty for looking and HH!
a0afd53eee2ec640f178917462b352a5.jpg

f506cdd0a81757a6bb31ad934ce4fe61.jpg
8d23d4d3a6b490eba683e472a85ad491.jpg
c458af96d60db2ee688315e6070277ab.jpg
55d4c490a5bfde2415b425eee05f0202.jpg
3bf11c62dec58dea5cabd9acddff6844.jpg
8ff2d5109d2eeb9fb70708448afb9d52.jpg
92a4297233f443a596dcbf6b07ebf7e2.jpg
1a96462af53862d387d7060b8366e58e.jpg
b5325800e2b02d740288a56673e45f38.jpg

55be5c06ffbec1903663ce39bcc5f763.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Amazing permission. There has to be some cool stuff there.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

WOW ! Vic that place looks awesome. Just wreaks with history. A return trip after dieoff will most likely be outstanding. I'm with you on the thoughts all those old coins dancing in your head. Last year I had an 1780 permission, after a couple bourbons I got to thinkin that place was built before any US coins were minted. So conceivably there could be a vast array of old coins there. Yea right, one war nickel and a 28 wheatie. The owner regaled me with stories of how it was a stopover for civil war prisoners coming up from Ft. Pitt and about the old WW1 newspapers he found in the Wall. It seems at least to me anyway the older permissions don't give up period correct finds. I hope in your case this not so. Good luck and keep us updated. HH Mark

WOW ! Vic that place looks awesome. Just wreaks with history. A return trip after dieoff will most likely be outstanding. I'm with you on the thoughts all those old coins dancing in your head. Last year I had an 1780 permission, after a couple bourbons I got to thinkin that place was built before any US coins were minted. So conceivably there could be a vast array of old coins there. Yea right, one war nickel and a 28 wheatie. The owner regaled me with stories of how it was a stopover for civil war prisoners coming up from Ft. Pitt and about the old WW1 newspapers he found in the Wall. It seems at least to me anyway the older permissions don't give up period correct finds. I hope in your case this not so. Good luck and keep us updated. HH Mark

Yea I’ve never had any luck with super old property’s. One day I will or I keep telling myself that lol!!!

Dang .. that place is Salivating to look at !!

I hope it works out .. like you and Mark.. I too have had Old sites that I thought were going to pay but didn't work out.. but hey I guess if you think about it way back wen people were lucky to have 2 cents to rub together.. but if they did.. I hope you find them !!

Good Luck CW !!

Dang .. that place is Salivating to look at !!

I hope it works out .. like you and Mark.. I too have had Old sites that I thought were going to pay but didn't work out.. but hey I guess if you think about it way back wen people were lucky to have 2 cents to rub together.. but if they did.. I hope you find them !!

Good Luck CW !!

Ty very much!!!!

I could spend every weekend for a year detecting and researching a place like that, even if I only found a handful of good finds.

That’s some beautiful detecting land, I’m jealous lol. Don’t worry the weathers not far off... it’s getting into the 60s at night here in WV

WOW! :wow: Looks like a lot of history right there. Yep, the grass is a mess, and probably some snakes lurking around. Is the house abandoned?

That places screams silver and relics!

I could spend every weekend for a year detecting and researching a place like that, even if I only found a handful of good finds.

That’s some beautiful detecting land, I’m jealous lol. Don’t worry the weathers not far off... it’s getting into the 60s at night here in WV

WOW! :wow: Looks like a lot of history right there. Yep, the grass is a mess, and probably some snakes lurking around. Is the house abandoned?

That places screams silver and relics!

Ty guys!

The last picture says it all :laughing: some really awesome pics man, and ill bet you will get on the oldies as soon as you can swing more comfortably. Good luck in the meantime, and happy hunting!

The pics and descriptions of those permissions are making me salivate! Hopefully you find some amazing stuff when you get back to those spots later on. High grass is such a buzz kill.:(

The pics and descriptions of those permissions are making me salivate! Hopefully you find some amazing stuff when you get back to those spots later on. High grass is such a buzz kill.:(

What makes it even worse is there is stubble from small growing trees they bush hogged also which makes it extremely difficult to swing

What makes it even worse is there is stubble from small growing trees they bush hogged also which makes it extremely difficult to swing

That makes it exceptionally annoying! I almost completely avoid woods hunting because my coil hanging up on stubble makes me want to wrap my detector around a tree...

Back
Top Bottom