Can Slaw cartoons

I didn't find them funny at all. If you would have said you noticed these cartoons somewhere, and were wondering if people here thought they were funny,you may have gotten a more meaningful result. Without you pushing them or giving your opinion, do you feel you would have gotten a different result and more opinions ?

I bet you are a lot of fun at parties.

I enjoyed them, except for the one about gold and pull tabs, that one made me sad.

I didn't find them funny at all. If you would have said you noticed these cartoons somewhere, and were wondering if people here thought they were funny,you may have gotten a more meaningful result. Without you pushing them or giving your opinion, do you feel you would have gotten a different result and more opinions ?

dang, who took a poo in your cheerios? if you have ever had kids it might be too late, but if you do I suggest not responding like that when they show you something....

You would have a point if he had said, "I'm thinking about trying to publish a book of my metal detecting comics and I want the honest opinion of metal detectorists. So, tell me what you think." But, that's not at all what he wrote.

No, if you go back and read his original post, he said he wanted to share some comics and hoped at least a few people would enjoy them. Free. No links to a book or website. If he makes a book he'll buy an ad/sponsorship.

So, he didn't ask you, or anybody else, to reply with whether they are funny (or not) and to what degree. He wasn't asking people for career advice, or how he might get honest opinions about his work. Yet, even though he didn't ask for comments, it looks like more than a few people--under no obligation to reply--actually did enjoy them.

I think he did post them here to get an opinion and he is also pushing his upcoming book. -- " I am working on a collection of detecting and treasure hunting cartoons that I will share more about at a later date with a sponsor ad. " He also gave out his website address. I'm not complaining about that but you are wrong and perhaps you missed those points in the thread.

I don't think I should be faulted for giving my honest opinion of whether or not I found them funny as others have given their opinion. This isn't Tn...

;)

I think he did post them here to get an opinion and he is also pushing his upcoming book. -- " I am working on a collection of detecting and treasure hunting cartoons that I will share more about at a later date with a sponsor ad. " He also gave out his website address. I'm not complaining about that but you are wrong and perhaps you missed those points in the thread.

I don't think I should be faulted for giving my honest opinion of whether or not I found them funny as others have given their opinion. This isn't Tn...

;)
So you don't have to speculate any longer, I'll tell you why I posted them.
I never asked for anyone's opinion, nor did I ask for anyone's money. I wanted to share some related material with fellow detectorists and I stated that I hope everyone enjoys.

If anyone doesn't enjoy and somehow feels cheated out of their money (?!?), you can ask for your refund at anytime. Either way, I'm good.

Instead of focusing on business related cartoons, it was nice for me to switch gears and create cartoons inspired by my 31 years of detecting. It's almost as fun as detecting every week. Almost.

There is nothing to sell. I do have other unrelated books that are published and being sold but you won't find anything about them here.

You are right, this isn't tn, it's the Friendly Metal Detecting forum. Anyone and everyone is welcome to anonymously share their opinions, we just try to keep it civil.
You are brand new here I see. You'll get the hang of things I'm sure.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

You would have a point if he had said, "I'm thinking about trying to publish a book of my metal detecting comics and I want the honest opinion of metal detectorists. So, tell me what you think." But, that's not at all what he wrote.

No, if you go back and read his original post, he said he wanted to share some comics and hoped at least a few people would enjoy them. Free. No links to a book or website. If he makes a book he'll buy an ad/sponsorship.

So, he didn't ask you, or anybody else, to reply with whether they are funny (or not) and to what degree. He wasn't asking people for career advice, or how he might get honest opinions about his work. Yet, even though he didn't ask for comments, it looks like more than a few people--under no obligation to reply--actually did enjoy them.

I sure am enjoying them

There is nothing to sell. I do have other unrelated books that are published and being sold but you won't find anything about them here.

You are right, this isn't tn, it's the Friendly Metal Detecting forum. Anyone and everyone is welcome to anonymously share their opinions, we just try to keep it civil.
You are brand new here I see. You'll get the hang of things I'm sure.

Do you feel my opinion that your cartoons weren't funny was not a civil opinion ?

The majority of comments on here seemed to think they were funny and enjoyable , I am looking forward to seeing more my self. Came across as not very friendly to some of us.

If a person didn't think they were funny and wanted to post an opinion,such as those that did think they were funny, how would you suggest they post that opinion in order to get the hang of things as the OP suggested ?

Henny Youngman said: "The key to being funny is all about........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................... Timing!"...

A loud boistrous fart in church is pretty much always funny! A great big loud one fired off like a potato gun at the perfect time when everybody is quiet? Like right after Communion? One that rattles around up in the rafters and knocks the dust off the ceiling?... Perfect Timing!

But you wont get any laughs in an elevator tailpiping loud! Even a silent sara fart in a elevator nobody thinks is funny at all!....But a guy cant sit on a fart on a Friday elevator ride saving it all the way to deliver it in all its raucous glory at Sunday Morning Mass?....That simply aint healthy...

Humor is funny, I've always thought that, but the key to it is all about................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................ timing....

Henny Youngman said: "The key to being funny is all about........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................... Timing!"...

A loud boistrous fart in church is pretty much always funny! A great big loud one fired off like a potato gun at the perfect time when everybody is quiet? Like right after Communion? One that rattles around up in the rafters and knocks the dust off the ceiling?... Perfect Timing!

But you wont get any laughs in an elevator tailpiping loud! Even a silent sara fart in a elevator nobody thinks is funny at all!....But a guy cant sit on a fart on a Friday elevator ride saving it all the way to deliver it in all its raucous glory at Sunday Morning Mass?....That simply aint healthy...

Humor is funny, I've always thought that, but the key to it is all about................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................ timing....

Timing..that's it. :yes:

A man was walking down the road carrying a Grandfather Clock on his back, when a drunk man bumped into him, and the clock fell to the ground.

“Watch where you’re going!” he said to the drunk, upset about his broken clock.

“Well, why don’t you wear a wristwatch like everyone else,’ the drunk replied. --Willie Nelson

Do you feel my opinion that your cartoons weren't funny was not a civil opinion ?
Nope, not at all. Your opinion was fine.

But the obvious attempt at trolling by assuming someone's intentions with no facts isn't civil, at best.

Or a very friendly introduction to the forum.

By the way, another way of getting the hang of things here is to post your new member introduction as asked when you joined the forum. We all would like to know more about new detectorists and what they swing when we start to opine together.

But the obvious attempt at trolling by assuming someone's intentions with no facts isn't civil, at best.

By the way, another way of getting the hang of things here is to post your new member introduction as asked when you joined the forum. We all would like to know more about new detectorists and what they swing when we start to opine together.

I said - " I think he did post them here to get an opinion and he is also pushing his upcoming book. "
I said you posted them to get an opinion. I also said you were/are also pushing your book. You mentioned it,gave a sample of what to expect,said you will be selling it and said you will be promoting it by sponsoring an ad.

You also gave a link to your website.

Your push marketing skills are to be commended. that is a good thing considering the product you are offering. :p Please don't lecture me by claiming to speak for everyone here. How much are you going to charge for the book ?

+1

If a person didn't think they were funny and wanted to post an opinion,such as those that did think they were funny, how would you suggest they post that opinion in order to get the hang of things as the OP suggested ?

Some times it's best to just not give your opinion. That helps keep things friendly.

Some times it's best to just not give your opinion. That helps keep things friendly.

Good point and it is a judgement call as far as when an opinion might cause more harm than good.

Now having said that I can give Day2Day the benefit of the doubt that he only intended it as an honest opinion and not trying to be intentionally unfriendly.

…..and having said that I do need to add that generally speaking honest opinions are welcome on this forum, but there are times in the interest of keeping things friendly that some opinions might be best not said at all, or at least only sent by PM, but even then written in a friendly way.

EXAMPLE: There is a saying that a real friend will be honest enough with you to tell you if you have bad breath.
……..but in the interest of preserving friendship he will tell you in private, not holler it out in front of a group of people :lol:

Back
Top Bottom