• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Sometimes a Clad Spill is the Highlight.

Stiffwrists

Elite Member
Went back out this afternoon. Nothing old or remarkable, but I'm new enough to be excited by a nice coin spill.

Attachments

• 20190916_182803-600x800.jpg
    20190916_182803-600x800.jpg
    117.8 KB · Views: 362
  • 20190916_182931-600x800.jpg
    20190916_182931-600x800.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 314
Last edited:
That is an AWESOME haul! My best was yesterday, 2 quarters a dime and a nickel... nothing like that. Almost looks like some kid hurried it. I have no idea how that many coins ended up like that? Congratulations!

That is an AWESOME haul! My best was yesterday, 2 quarters a dime and a nickel... nothing like that. Almost looks like some kid hurried it. I have no idea how that many coins ended up like that? Congratulations!
Might have been in a coin purse that has rotted away. At any rate it's a nice haul.

Cliff

That is a great in-situ shot! What a great spill to find! I've never found more than three coins together. That is awesome! Congrats [emoji106]

That is one nice spill. My best was 10 dimes stacked perfectly on top of each other. Had to please you to find a spill like that.

I once found 42 pennies and 2 dimes in a hole. All were 1980s coins. I think some kid was playing pirate because nearby I found the pieces of a toy “pirate” pistol that had obviously been in a fight with a lawnmower and lost.

Nice spill and recovery. I had a spread pocket spill of 4 Susan B Anthony dollar coins, 4-5 quarters and couple dimes. All clad but was very enjoyable digging those dollars. They were spread about a foot n a half. The rest another couple feet. Close enough for me to assume a spread spill. Age and look seem to make me think someone had a hole in a pouch or pocket.

Back
Top Bottom