Today Barber Silver; Yesterday .925 Silver

Thank you!

You get extra points for snaring that barber from 7 to 8" ! However, I am disappointed that this east coast post did not include an LC or colonial copper. You guys are slipping lately ! :laughing:

Thanks Tom! Actually, i think I was being conservative with the depth reading, I think it was more in the 7 to 8-1/8" range. :D But the extra points are still appreciated. Speaking about LCs I found a few this year, however, of these were just to beat-to-the drum to be good for anything. They will probably just go in my copper scrap pile.

Awesome finds! Rings are fun but old coins are what got us into this hobby. That barber dime is CLEAN! I've only found one and she was pretty beat up. But I got the date haha.

Thanks ChisnAmanda1! Anytime a Barber is found, I feel like I can breath a bit easier until the next silver.

... Speaking about LCs I found a few this year, however, of these were just to beat-to-the drum to be good for anything. They will probably just go in my copper scrap pile ....

Well my heart just bleeds for you. To have to suffer the indignity of finding LC's that weren't candy-apple perfect numismatic specimens. :roll:

Nice ! Congratulations . I am a California failure , I have never found a gold coin YET .
A fair share of gold jewelry though . Keep up the good work on both finding good stuff and aggravating Tom The Goldmeister .:lol:

Thank you!

Nice ! Congratulations . I am a California failure , I have never found a gold coin YET .
A fair share of gold jewelry though . Keep up the good work on both finding good stuff and aggravating Tom The Goldmeister .:lol:

Thanks Soil Surgeon! I feel better now for bringing me back to reality on who finds the gold coins. :D As for gold we take anyway we can. Honestly, my holy grail find would be to recover a gold coin someday...but until then I am like you, a gold piece of jewelry is a good substitute. HH

Ouch. You outed me. You're right. I hang my head in shame. :no: It's been a couple of years now since my last one. I'm over due for my 16th. But my hunting buddy dug one just 50-ish yards from me (a rare date $5) just a year or so ago.

Oh well, we may not dig gold coins hand over fist, but don't forget : We get first dibs on the rarer numismatic S mints. We don't allow our key date S mints to go east of the Mississippi after all :D

haha all in fun and games. Here is to hoping you turn one up soon!

Back
Top Bottom