Evening Montana dig - Seated, Postal Telegraph Button & more!

Nice hunting! That button is a fantastic save.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sigmund_Eisner

He came to the US at age 21 and was born in 1859, so that means the button can't be older than 1880.

https://njjewishnews.timesofisrael.com/red-bank-library-remembers-rags-to-riches-tale/

Thanks ToySoldier! I am guessing that button is ca 1900-1910 or so, appreciate your information!

Cool finds. I like that button, sweet looking seated.Happy Hunting

Thank you Diggerjonny! HH to you too!

Nice finds!

Thank you Saoirse!

Another outstanding montana hunt! Gotta take my daughter to the eye doctor out there in missoula here before it gets to cold lol might have to bring the box with! Congrats on the awesome finds!

Great saves. If the token/fob thing is aluminum, I soaked an aluminum token in lemon juice for about an hour then toothpicked the crud off. Came off easy.

Another outstanding montana hunt! Gotta take my daughter to the eye doctor out there in missoula here before it gets to cold lol might have to bring the box with! Congrats on the awesome finds!

Thanks ChrisnAmanda! Let me know if you are in the area, my back is a bit sore today just did another dig up there.

Congrats, wish I had a seated.:yes:

Thank you metaladdict, and hope you do get a Seated soon!

Great saves. If the token/fob thing is aluminum, I soaked an aluminum token in lemon juice for about an hour then toothpicked the crud off. Came off easy.

Thank you CJ319, I will try that, got some lemon juice in the 'fridge.

good saves. the history stuff is great. i do research instead of trashy hollywood tv shows.

and i understand your plight. i am on the mend, and so is my buddy. places drying up but we keep trying.

hang tough. i read a lot of posts on the mend

Some really nice finds there! Good hunt......

Thank you Vermonster!

good saves. the history stuff is great. i do research instead of trashy hollywood tv shows.

and i understand your plight. i am on the mend, and so is my buddy. places drying up but we keep trying.

hang tough. i read a lot of posts on the mend

Thanks DixieDigger! Same with me, no TV, I just watch detecting vids on youtube! Am feeling better today so might be getting back in the saddle again soon!

Back
Top Bottom