Silver #40 FTY

Lil Worm6

Elite Member
Toad and I got out for our Sunday hunt yesterday morning, and man you talk about getting started slow!!! Our first yard was a 1900' home, and together we got a good start at opening a hardware store. Toad was finding all of the metal siding, and I must have thought that getting our stock up on bent nails would be a good idea. I had a pouch full!!! I couldn't even hit a zinc penny in that yard. Toad grabbed a clad quarter, zinc penny. and copper memorial. I think that was it.

We jumped a few streets over, and finally hit a copper memorial.......I haven't been so excited about a penny in my life :laughing: I finally hit something other than junk!!! My luck was changing finally. I hit several penny's and clad dimes, and then it happened. I got over a sweet signal and almost yelled to Toad that "this is silver!!" I chose not to jinx myself and stay quite. Popped the plug and out pops my '56 Rosie to push me to 40fty, and inch me closer to my 50 mark I'm trying to hit. I went home with a smile on face!!

Attachments

• 9-15-19.jpg
    9-15-19.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 223
Congrats man, only 10 more to go. If you don't hit another one this year 40 is still a great accomplishment. But the way you guys tear it up down there I'm sure you'll hit 50 +. Its is without a doubt getting tougher to find silver . I remember a post not to long ago welcoming out 50,000 th member and now were up 52, or close. And thats just on this forum. So IMO its only going to get harder as the ranks of md'rs swell. Good luck Mark

Congrats Travis on reaching #40 with the Rosie. You still have plenty of time to conquer your goal. Trapper
Thank you Trapper!!! I'm going to go after it from now until the end of the year. I'm also going to concentrate on some of my older permissions in hopes of plucking a Barber something.

Congrats man, only 10 more to go. If you don't hit another one this year 40 is still a great accomplishment. But the way you guys tear it up down there I'm sure you'll hit 50 +. Its is without a doubt getting tougher to find silver . I remember a post not to long ago welcoming out 50,000 th member and now were up 52, or close. And thats just on this forum. So IMO its only going to get harder as the ranks of md'rs swell. Good luck Mark

Thank you Mark!!! We have people here that detect, but I don't know if they're less people here doing it, or if they just stick to mainly parks, and schools. We normally do ok when hitting yards, but schools and parks seem to be dry around here.

Congrats on #40 brother!! There's no doubt in my mind that you'll hit 50 before Thanksgiving. I think I'm still at 33...I'm hoping for 40 for the year:lol:

Congrats on silver #40 FTY! :clapping:
Thank you Wolf-Dog!!!
Congrats on #40 brother!! There's no doubt in my mind that you'll hit 50 before Thanksgiving. I think I'm still at 33...I'm hoping for 40 for the year:lol:
Lol Thank you brother!!! You will get to 50 plus man. I have seen you get on to many tears, and you are due for some of your multi silver days!!!
Congratulations on 40 , Hope you get many more fty.hh
Thank you Yooper!!!
Congrats on #40....good luck getting to 50.
Thank you D4C!!!
It's fun approaching your goal for the year, isn't it? :yes:
I just hit 31 today, so I have some catching up to do. Same goal as you. GL&HH!
Thank you Foragist!!! It's very fun to chase that goal. You will get there man!!!
Congrats on the Rosie and #40.

Thank you Jamflicker!!!!

Finding that one lonely silver is sometimes all it takes to turn a good hunt into a better hunt...congrats!

Thank you JAK!!! You are right my friend!!! When I seen I had silver a smile that couldn’t be wiped off my face appeared.

Ah, Senor Worm! Congratulations. Nice job on the 56. I had a 52 this week. If we both get a 54...we'll be synched. BTW...56 is my birth year. Wife says it certainly is 56....1856.

Back
Top Bottom