Vermont vacation

pballwiz

August is turning out to be a tough month for me. Silver has been elusive.
Went to Vermont for a week vacation with the family earlier this month.
Ended up finding a large cent and a sterling silver thimble while I was there. I guess I shouldn't complain but my expectations were much higher.
8a0676125a1f379bc65ada13396f90ff.jpg
d6fc4069c113a41b49004925f5d4c061.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Way to go finding the large cent. I have only found 2, both of them had holes in them. still looking for the real dropped one.

Both bucket listers for me as well. Congrats!
We took a trip to PA recently and my partner wanted silver, so I found them, I wanted a LC, so he found those. [emoji1]

What did you expect to find, 1800's big silver? A GW inaugural button? Vermont was a farming area and farmers were dirt poor. Finding a large cent is a big deal. Not as easy as it looks in all the YouTube videos. And a Sterling silver thimble is still on my bucket list, so be happy with those finds!

Thanks guys!

What did you expect to find, 1800's big silver? A GW inaugural button? Vermont was a farming area and farmers were dirt poor. Finding a large cent is a big deal. Not as easy as it looks in all the YouTube videos. And a Sterling silver thimble is still on my bucket list, so be happy with those finds!

Yes, I think big silver or GW button would have made the trip better:yes:
As far as the ease of digging a large cent, try detecting well past midnight wile constantly looking around for that bear that you keep hearing over in the brush. I kid you not. I'm from N/E Ohio. I go to the zoo when I want to see a bear.

Make sure you don't take everything from my homeland..... ;)
A couple of wheats, the large cent and the silver thimble. Nothing more, I can assure you!

I go to the zoo when I want to see a bear.

Gee, what fun is that? Poor bear trapped in a cage wishing he could get out and play with you. Where's your sense of adventure? Lol!

I have never seen a bear here in RI, but I do see their scat at one spot I detect deep in the woods of Foster. I tell my friends that I'll be sure to keep the camera rolling if I ever run into one. If I lose the battle, it will be a money making video for my girlfriend to post on YouTube. If I win, I'll get a huge endorsement deal with Lesche for fending off a bear with a Sampson shovel!

Back
Top Bottom