Don't buy Garret

Status
Not open for further replies.

RobertM

Done with Garrett

Done with Garrett! I just found out I am screwed for service if I buy their products living in Hong Kong. What is a dependable waterproof detector which dosent need rocket science to use, and at a reasonable price? ...with good service. Garrett also took 2 weeks to reply to my repair enquiry. :(

Do Not buy Garrett if you live internationally

.I have a malfunction so I looked at my registration and warranty. It says DO NOT send it to Garrett if you live abroad. I emailed them and they ignored me over 2 weeks, so I started emailing and messaging every day until I got a reply. They told me it must be sent to an import/export business in China. I emailed the company in China and they said the repair must be paid for cash. No 2 year warranty

Minelab has the same policy. Whites allows you to mail the unit back to them, I can't recall if they pay shipping or not, but not likely.
Minelab said to send it to a China dealer and through them send it back to Australia. I pay everything. The China dealer said he wouldn't do it because he wasn't getting anything out of it... but if I wanted a new detector he could help me out

Ok then have somebody in the US send it in and use your name.

After 39 comments dogging Garrett, I'm starting to think you joined just to dog them instead of to make friends with us.

Exactly. For some people there is no personal responsibility. I may be a Minelab fan, but I've heard good things about Garrett's service.

In all honesty this more likely has to do with trade restrictions than the company's desire to provide customer service. There are similar restrictions with computer parts and network/communications equipment between the US and other countries.

If not above, it could also have to do with the "knock off" products. Imagine the mess when someone ships a fake "Garrett" metal detector in to the repair center. What a liability nightmare!

Sadly these are situations where exceptions cannot be made.

I have had to make a warranty claim on a Garrett product sold in the USA and received excellent customer service.

D

Garrett's customer service is second to none.

I'd be willing to bet that if I purchased something from Hong Kong, I'd have the same sort of issues you're having.

That sucks and sorry about your issue with Garrett. Check out the Nokta Anfibio. It is waterproof and a well laid out metal detector. I have one and love it. Bigger screen and faster processor. Plus waterproof to 16 ft.

First of all,,i Can’t believe anyone from Hong Kong would buy any electronic device from the United States ..You guys are the king of electronics.

I’m guessing Garrett is such a household name that even China got word of how great they are..Sorry about your luck and hope you get up and running.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom