• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Best detector for a 11 year old

hammer3031

My son asked me for his own metal detector after watching me :D I was curious what is a good choice that won't be to hard for him to use and actually find stuff plus it's gotta be light weight. Just looking for a few ideas that I can check out thanks.

Nox 800 LOL

Seriously though, the AT Pro is great, as well as the ACE series. What's nice about decent detectors (not the ones that WalMart carries) is that you can generally sell them for close to what you paid for them when he's ready to upgrade.

Minelab just introduced the Vanqished and Notka introduced the Simplex. Both I believe have a starting price around 300 and both have specs that are really good.

Fisher F11, F22 or the Teknetics Minuteman or Alpha weigh 2.2 to 2.4 lbs fully assembled with batteries. If you need to remove the middle rod for a shorter eleven year old, they will weigh substantially less. It is great to recommend the Garretts, new Simplex or the Vanquish but these weigh several ounces to almost a pound more and may feel very nose heavy.

The entry level Fishers and Teknetics are very well balanced and feel extremely light weight for younger, inexperienced detector users and are very easy to set up and operate much like the Garrett Ace series.

Jeff

yep, totally agree. i'm sure the at pro is a great machine but it feels like a brick when swinging it, whereas my fishers aren't even there.

Muddy Mo/ Hammer3031

The Euro Tek Pro is OK, but now >new options , big bang for the buck, better depth and water proofing , i would try a Simplex + , or a Vanquish , Earl Check out both , Both released soon.

Back
Top Bottom