CRH Dried Up?

Fooleeze

I regularly go through 1-2 boxes of coins (typically halves) each month. Not a ton, but enough. About this time last year I had some GREAT success. However right now things seem to have completely dried up. I've gone through probably 6-7 straight boxes with nothing or maybe 1 NIFC. Is this just a fluke, part of the ebb and flow of CRHing? Or is anyone else seeing a drop in good finds?

From what I’ve seen on other forums it could be due to the lack of velocity in the coin supply, coin dumps may be only circulating locally to lack of retail demand. In other words, CRH’ers searching their own dumps.

Then again, this is the time of year coin jars get dumped although consumers are probably tapped out and just fall back on credit.

I went thru $2000 (4 boxes) last week. I found (2) 40% and (9) NIFCs, most were 2019 D. My plan is to do $2000 a week starting in Jan. I did well last year until the "coin shortage" when the banks stopped letting me get them.

Yeah, so last year between November and January I went through 4 boxes and ended up with 55 silvers (49 40% and 6 90%). This year in I'm 2 boxes in in the same time-span and so far I've got 0 silver. So, whatever it is. . . coin circulation, coin shortage, bad luck. . . it needs to stop! :)

I've been out of the game over a year now, but have collected monthly data for roughly 900 boxes through about 6 years. December is traditionally a better month, but not the best. The problem with the data is trying to not let the "mother lodes" obscure the background averages. I had 1 huge hit in May 2015, making May the "best overall month to coin roll hunt."

Overall, including mother lodes, I averaged 3.1 silver per box. If I choose to ignore each month that did better than double the overall average (only 5 times in 6 years -- Mar'15, Apr'18, May'15, Nov'16, Dec'18), here's how it shakes out average silver/box Jan - Dec:

J-1.4 F-1.7 M-2.0 A-2.1 M-1.6 J-1.7 J-1.7 A-2.3 S1.4 O-2.7 N-2.7 D-2.2

December is "ok" but not a particular standout. It's really about volume -- slowly steadily _continuously_ accumulating over time -- and by doing that you're increasing chances to be lucky to hit some random mother lodes along the way. 40% of my silvers came from those 5 big months. Sometimes it was 1 insane box, sometimes it was spread over a few great boxes.

Keep on hunting!

KT was annually running through 5 boxes of halves a week, but had to stop due to the bank dump machine being unavailable when the banks all changed policies due to Covid. However just last week, KT talked with the guard at the Royal Dump Bank. He said they now have a system in place...go to the drive through, tell the teller you have coins to dump...teller gets the guard to pick up the coins...he runs them through the machine for you, then brings you the slip, back through the drive through, turn in the slip, money deposited into your account. Later in the week come by with a cash withdrawl slip, pick up $2500, then back to the selling bank for more boxes.

KT is going to start this up again in January as a once a week effort to see if it actually works. KT was buying rolls of 90%ers after CRH ended until the eBay price shot up from $155-160 to near and over $200 per roll. Will have annual report for this year in early January! So hang in there! :lol::lol:

Well, my drought has ended. Got another box this week and pulled a single 40% 1966 kennedy. Better than nothing! I'll keep at it.

KT is going to start this up again in January as a once a week effort to see if it actually works. KT was buying rolls of 90%ers after CRH ended until the eBay price shot up from $155-160 to near and over $200 per roll. Will have annual report for this year in early January! So hang in there! :lol::lol:

UPDATE: KT finally got cranked up again around the first week of March. Purchase bank reopened their lobby so it is now simple for KT to get the rolls ordered for him! A 51 week hiatus in His Majesty's CRH efforts, but We are up and at it now! :lol::lol:

Back
Top Bottom