Third silver coin in three weeks, second for 2021

bruinvikes

Elite Member
My detecting time is very limited right now due to my work schedule (work until 5:00) and the recent time change (gets darker early). I am limited to hunt the weekends only for now. In my area (NW Ohio) it has been warmer than normal so far this season but the last couple of days it has gotten colder. The ground is just starting to freeze a bit. The actual temperature was 29 degrees with a feels like temp of 20 but I bundled up and headed out to my usual location to see what I could find. Some of you already know that I’ve been hunting the same neighborhood park for the past five years, but I’m still pulling coins and relics from the ground. The targets are getting very thin, but I keep going because I’m not a believer in a spot being “hunted out”. I’ve hunted this park with my Fisher F2, then my Fisher F70, and now I’m working it with my Simplex+. I’ve hunted this park using all three of those machines and I’ve also used different coils on each machine. I keep finding things, so why stop, right?
During the holidays I had some time off from work and it was pleasantly warm for my area and I took full advantage of the opportunity to get some swing time in. On December 27th I was able to locate a 1943 Walker right behind home plate of the baseball diamond. At the very moment that I pulled that coin from my plug I decided to call it quits for the year. I figured that I’d end my 2020 season on a high with that coin.
Onto 2021, a couple of weeks ago I hunted and was able to score my first silver coin of the year with a 1942 war nickel. Today I went out and scored my second silver coin of the year with a 1945 war nickel. It doesn’t seem like much of an accomplishment because of the amount of weeks, but with the limited time that I have to hunt (only weekends, if I don’t have other commitments) I am extremely happy finding three silver coins in the last four weekends that I could hunt.

Thank you for looking and happy hunting to all!

Attachments

• 9DFB63A8-C0D1-49E9-9932-E137DDF87AE4.jpg
    9DFB63A8-C0D1-49E9-9932-E137DDF87AE4.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 208
Back
Top Bottom