• Forum server maintanace tonight.
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

What does everyone do for a living?

Krom

Elite Member
(Jus' had to start this subject back up 'cause it got such good reviews when ScottyB started it on the old forum!)

I'm a homebuilder. Another guy and I do everything from the land-scaping to the chimney, and everything in between... decks, garages, windows, plumbing, electrical, shingle & metal roofs, etc.

This is a picture... (WE CAN POST PICTURES! YAY!) of a garage we built last summer to store the owner's classic collectable (mint!) cars in.
The big door is for his dragster and trailer (he owns Tommy Ivo's famous dragster).

Krom

Attachments

• GuysGarage2.jpg
    GuysGarage2.jpg
    168.2 KB · Views: 11,544
I work for a computer component manufacturer. We make the assemblies that hold the read-write heads above the hard drive disks. Been there for 15 years. HH

I'm a Relationship Manager at an insurance company. I get to travel often, but unfortunately I have yet to take my detector with me for some relaxing exercise. ;)

Angel

I'm a locksmith. Recently started doing more transponder keys, we had been doing on board programing and then cloning now using diagnostic tool. The car manufactures could not have made it more confusing if they had tried!!! INSANE. If any of you need advice about your car happy to help. Word of warning ask the price before car dealerships make keys for you and make them prove your car even has a transponder, or you may pay 150.00 or more for a 2.00 key.

That was a good thread and the longest one I think.

How about we submit pics of us at work or of your work ;) if you have one handy.

I mostly do finish carpentry work (interior staircases and hand rail)
Also Internet marketing, webdesign and everything in between.

AutomotiveTech by day.Musician by night.Tired and broke.30 yrs of it .
Anyone need a 6string Bass?Sure would like another detector!

I'm an account rep for an industrial parts distributor. Long, boring, tedious stuff selling the latest industrial widgets, doohickies, and thingamabobs, along with the occasional contraption. Been doing it 13 years in February. It pays the bills, so I'll keep doing it awhile, lol.

On a more personal note, I love detecting of course, fishing, gardening, coin and antique bottle collecting, and am a bit of an amateur computer nerd. Married to my better half for 12 years, have a total of 5 (yes, 5) rugrats, ages 15, 9, 5, 3 and 1 (4 girls, 1 boy). Love my Sam Adams, Bass Ale, and Guiness, and a HUGE NE Pats and Boston Red Sox fan.

And that about covers it. HH!

PS: GO PATS!

Ivo's dragster had 4 Buick V-8s, right?

I'm unemployed by choice (retired) Law enforcement, out of Tucson...

Right now I am unemployed thanks to Hurricane Katrina.

Did work at Charity Hospital as a IT Analyst for radiology Department.
Previously I was Operations Manager for a large utility.

I'm a Machinist some day's (swing shift) and a coin collector on the day's I'm off. I'm a Dad to 2 boy's 12 and 5.

Occupation?

I'm retired after 30 years working for the state of Texas for 26 years in Mental Health and Retardation as a Horticulture Therapist and 4 years for the Dept. of Corrections as a security officer.

I own a landscaping business which includes snowplowing in winter so I have plenty of time to detect...

Congrats on retirement Terry :) I'll be able to retire when I am dead. :D

I'm a retired member of the Royal Canadian Mounted Police,,Mary & I now do business internationally from home selling Glyconutrients to people who have health challenges or just want to maintain their health. We have time freedom and I get to detect while Mary goes to the gym! Life is good. Oh ya, I'm a Grandpa too and my 6 year old grandson, Ethan uses a Troy X2 on our hunts together...H.H.:-)

I'm a Journeyman Pipefitter. Right now I'm working for a subcontractor who's building the new Fabs at the Intel plant in Chandler, AZ

(I'll just interrupt this string for a second... :D)
You got it right, Snake!
When the guy (and his name is Guy) told us about the history of that machine, I had a hard time visualizing what it looked like (he had it all apart and was restoring it all to it's exact original parts, paint job, decals, etc. Parts would show up every day via UPS (from Cal. a lot of times, where he had sent a part to get chromed or whatever) while we built that garage and a deck for him.
I thought I'd be able to post a picture of the rail, but I lost his web page addy.

Retired Fire-Fighter from the State of Alabama. Worked 25 years Fighting and Driving to Fires.

Frank

Back
Top Bottom