Treasure Coast low tide line

I'm asking about the legality of it.

From what i have heard salvage hunters have had people with detectors give them a high five when they wade out. That being said if you read Fl detecting laws it gets scary for the whole state. Usually if someone calls the cops, the cops really don't know the laws. As in any case never show anyone how smart you are. We were hunting for Megalodon teeth on small islands in Fl. One day the marine patrol waited for us at the boat. The marine patrol said all the islands in Florida are no tresspassing even without signs. I told him i didn't know. My friend showed the officer how smart he was and got put in their data base including his boats number. Next time he gets caught it's supposedly a 50 thousand dollar fine. Me i would still hunt islands:lol:

"I told him i didn't know. My friend showed the officer how smart he was and got put in their data base including his boats number. Next time he gets caught it's supposedly a 50 thousand dollar fine. Me i would still hunt islands:lol:

You've got to know when to hold 'em
Know when to fold 'em
Know when to walk away
And know when to run
:police:

When I go to the treasure coast the tide may be higher than the last low tide line. That said, can I hunt in ankle deep water?
I believe if you're getting wet you're breaking the law.

Back
Top Bottom