today's bling...

(Heavy)

Elite Member
<-----Video

RomeoVille IL, Municipal Park and School
925 silver, 4 inches, V3i, 84-VDI

Actually I've had a wet spell but today it only threatened to storm so I was out until I got the Bling... about 5 hours
mac-1.jpg

100_1307-1.jpg

I didn't think you actually went out digging :D you learn something new everyday around here :lol: nice job on the ring...

Very nice! I need to find more rings.

I don't have to tell you how to find a ring Midwest... but for the new guys, here ya go;

shallow hunt... turn down the gain to cover more ground and keep from getting distracted on deep objects... jewlery is close to the surface.

High traffic areas only, there really isn't anything out in that football field and you are wasting daylight looking.

After about 8-10 bucks in clad you are getting close or it's time to call it a day. Somedays I got the ring in the first 15 minutes, somedays like today... 5 hours.

It's tough to get gold, either people come back for thier lost gold themselves with a detector or I have just had an incredible silver ring streak since purchase of my detector. It's not like I don't dig every gold signal up to 4-5 inches. Too soon to tell which is the case but I only found two pieces of real gold on land since membership. Those beach boys run circles around us :lol: Why people would concider a gold ring lost in the surf and not come back looking is the real question and might answer the former one

untitled.jpg

RomeoVille? You hunt all over SW burbs don't you!

Nice bling

I am going to spend some time in Romeoville looking for my first decent silver piece because that's Historical US route 66. I just need to let go of my ring bling habit for a day and do some door knocking like MidWest does :yes: that's going to be a new experience for me... I hope the good folks in Romeoville use bean bag load
imagesCAP0KZ4V.jpg

Grats on the Bliiiing .. nice find !! Each time I try to hit the schools around here they have band or football goin on.. will have to try late on a Sunday one weekend.

Got some bling myself today. Nice find! How many does this make for you for the year?

search 'today's bling'

I have not been up and running a whole year... I have a ring bling obsession. It's just not a good hunt unless I get one ring, I don't know why nor do I much care if it's a good one :lol: Just something about the satisfaction of seeing that RING! instead of a pulltab.

Bling Bling....Ding....no doubt...that is always the shape Im looking for when I pull up.....please have a hole in the middle...Nice job...:)

congrats on your latest ring Bob! :waytogo:
are you running the Ace 250? whatever your using, it's certainly doing the job for you! :yes:

Pete

Father-in-law has my ACE 250 but the 250 could certainly shallow hunt for jewlery the same way I do. I send him a pic of every ring I find and I bet it pisses him off :lol:

newbshoot, I know you are the resident tot lot master and I have recently been sweeping them first if there is one on site. I have seen your work and hopefully I will hit something of value in one soon. They are a quick run but this is all I took... interesting but no RINGS!

100_1310.jpg

the magnet was a HOOT! I will give you that :lol:

One of these days I am going to try hunting
Isle a la cache in Romeoville.

There is some interesting history associated with
that island.

Back
Top Bottom