Can’t go anywhere , go Nowhere!

CarsonChris

Elite Member
I found my best coin spill today Nowhere. Didn’t check all my settings before I started. Was running swing speed of 7. Picked up the IHP at around 4”. Dug down around it to loosen the ground and kept checking with the pointer as I swept out dirt with my hand. Checked the hole at about 4” and no signal. Checked my little pile and swept the dirt back to reveal the IHP. Filled my hole and stood up. Swept the coil back over the same hole and picked up a bouncy 26-30 signal. Removed the loose dirt and dug down to about 61/2” and out pops the large. 314DCDD8-2CC3-493B-9DAA-2B9B14474012.jpeg

B2C9ABA2-348A-4970-ADCF-16D288B2CA91.jpeg

I hoped you listened to "The Talking Heads, Road to Nowhere" on the way to the site. Nice finds.

I found my best coin spill today Nowhere. ...

Chris, good show. You've "paid your dues" to score some oldies like that. What's the date on the IH ? (pix is too blurry). And yes, once you progress more than 10 miles outside of the Carson City to Reno corridor: You're "in the middle of nowhere".

Hope to hear more about this site, and see some added finds coming !

A large cent west of the Mississippi, you may be hearing from Tom in ca. :laughing::wow:

Yes, it's very rare to find LC's on the west coast (GGggrrrr). It's actually more common to find a GOLD COIN than an LC out here. I know lots of guys who've found gold coins here, yet never found an LC . Either that, or they maybe have a ratio of 1 to 1, for example.

To show how rare it is for LC's out here: I've got 16 gold coins, and only 2 LC's out here (and a 3rd LC east of the Mississippi). My hunting partner has 2 gold coins, and no LC's so far.

So: Hat's off to Chris !

That is awesome! IH's are rare for me and I've never found a large cent. Congrats!

But based on your avetar pix, it appears you've found a gold coin, right ?

Do you and Chris know each other ? Seems you're both from Carson City :cool:

Congrats ! Great find from the middle of Nowhere ! I can only wonder at what great finds you would find if you went somewhere . Me , I can't seem to find anything anywhere .

Back
Top Bottom