• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Yesterday’s Hunt-First Dollar this year.

Coinshark

Elite Member
Was able to get out and hunt yesterday. Picked up my first dollar coin this year.
Old schoolyard. I was hoping to find silver, instead; I got a modern dollar.
Toy ring, no silver. The pennies show I’m in the right spot.
I’m hoping to hit it again this week.

Attachments

• B83A6F61-1AEB-4C5C-B487-2144D14D2196.jpeg
    B83A6F61-1AEB-4C5C-B487-2144D14D2196.jpeg
    24.9 KB · Views: 234
Last edited:
Nice hunt and finds! If that is a small group of wheat pennies, you bet, you should pull silvers too, good luck on your next try!

You're definitely in the right area! If there's any curb strips around where you found them old pennies, try those. The wife and I kept finding wheatie's at an old high school but couldn't find any silvers. Remembered what everyone around the forum said and hit the curb strip. Bingo!

Nice hunt and finds! If that is a small group of wheat pennies, you bet, you should pull silvers too, good luck on your next try!
Thank you! The location is screaming Silver!

You're definitely in the right area! If there's any curb strips around where you found them old pennies, try those. The wife and I kept finding wheatie's at an old high school but couldn't find any silvers. Remembered what everyone around the forum said and hit the curb strip. Bingo!
There are no sidewalks were I’m at. Curb strips are high on my list!

Yup I would definitely return, congrats!
Thanks! I definitely plan too!

Round Two!

Round Two! Silver...and gold?
Hit the school grounds again and got the ring first thing. Thought it was fake, put it on my finger and kept hunting. Got home and looked at it and found 10k mark. Toned color, plated or fake?

Halfway through my hunt on the outer edge of the property I found the ‘52D Quarter.
Left side in the picture was Sunday, the right is from today!

Attachments

• 48B47A27-EF84-4E1B-87D9-A170A8E28074.jpeg
    48B47A27-EF84-4E1B-87D9-A170A8E28074.jpeg
    143.1 KB · Views: 176
Back
Top Bottom