Testing Out The Deeptech Vista X

beephead

Elite Member
I've had it out a couple of times and trying to become one with it. The particular site that I was at today has been hit hard by me and others mainly targeting silver coins. The place is loaded up with pull-tab rings. After digging the first one I used it set my primary disc just high enough to discriminate it out. My strategy was to totally ignore all shallow targets and concentrate only on the deeper targets which is easy to do because the Vista X has great audio modulation.

At that site, I ended up finding 8 wheat pennies, a sterling ring, and a 1927 Mercury dime. I was really surprised to find that many good targets. The deepest coin was only 7-inches deep. I don't know how I missed that many good targets on previous hunts.

It started to rain and I loaded up and headed for the house, but on the way home I saw a nice looking sidewalk strip and decided to hit it with my Nox. I found a Mercury dime and a couple of wheat pennies.

tabman

Attachments

• IMG_0894.jpg
    IMG_0894.jpg
    155.8 KB · Views: 296
  • IMG_0896.jpg
    IMG_0896.jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 240
  • IMG_0897.jpg
    IMG_0897.jpg
    144 KB · Views: 239
  • IMG_0898.jpg
    IMG_0898.jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 229
  • IMG_0900.jpg
    IMG_0900.jpg
    143.7 KB · Views: 224
  • IMG_0901.jpg
    IMG_0901.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 213
  • IMG_0902.jpg
    IMG_0902.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 214
  • IMG_0903.jpg
    IMG_0903.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 242
  • IMG_0904.jpg
    IMG_0904.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 220
Nice haul beephead, must be alot of vista x haters jelouse of your loot..lol.. I have one too, no real field time but it's definatly a super light machine. Congrats on the finds!

Nice haul beephead, must be alot of vista x haters jelouse of your loot..lol.. I have one too, no real field time but it's definatly a super light machine. Congrats on the finds!

Thanks! I'm still a little sore, but I may hit it again tomorrow. It depends on how I feel when I wake up in the morning. The Vista X may be too much detector for the new site that I'm going back to but I'll give it some swing time anyway. I always have several detectors in the car so that I'll have the right detector for the site.

beephead

The smaller coil for me were better in trash areas. But, too small. The new 5x8 coil will be the better option for the X over the large stock coil.

The smaller coil for me were better in trash areas. But, too small. The new 5x8 coil will be the better option for the X over the large stock coil.

That's what I've been waiting for. The Goldie Locks search coil.

beephead

Back
Top Bottom