Returning Lost Rings

Swing4TheRing

Forum Supporter
For any of those interested, I published a blog that goes over returning lost rings, several online programs out there that you can be apart of if that's your style, and why it can be fun to create the "art of the return." I hope you enjoy!

Attachments

• Lost Ring Flyer.jpg
    Lost Ring Flyer.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 1,064
thanx for sharing. The reunion stories are always a fun side of our hobby.

Ok Ace

I read your blog and did not find your phone number. I want to send you 30 text at 3:00 am.

Just kidding Clare from Traverse City. I do get drunk people calling me at 3:00 am a couple times a year.

Thank you for sharing. I would really love to be able to return the jewelry I find, especially the rings. I just need to figure out a way to have people be able to contact me, because I am just finding things and posting in local lost and found groups on Facebook.

Ok Ace

I read your blog and did not find your phone number. I want to send you 30 text at 3:00 am.

Just kidding Clare from Traverse City. I do get drunk people calling me at 3:00 am a couple times a year.

You can always reach me at 867-5309!! :cool3: I love hunting the bay area FYI!!

Thank you for sharing. I would really love to be able to return the jewelry I find, especially the rings. I just need to figure out a way to have people be able to contact me, because I am just finding things and posting in local lost and found groups on Facebook.

Just be careful of how you post things. If you post pictures of what you found, every Jack and Jill will come out of the woodwork to try and claim it saying it is theirs. Best to just say you found (insert item type) at (insert location) and for anyone who may have lost something near that area to contact you with a precise description of what they lost. This will hopefully help guarantee the items is going back to the rightful owner.

I have 29 returns and I promote myself as FREE METAL DETECTING SERVICE on a number of local forums and web sites. I post a variety of my finds on a regular basis of at least every 3 weeks to keep my name out there. Now I have a number of people who promote me and my services. I average 4-5 inquiries a month and when I go door knocking, often they already know who I am

Awesome info and post Ace! Good luck!

Thanks! Stay safe out there. ;)

I have 29 returns and I promote myself as FREE METAL DETECTING SERVICE on a number of local forums and web sites. I post a variety of my finds on a regular basis of at least every 3 weeks to keep my name out there. Now I have a number of people who promote me and my services. I average 4-5 inquiries a month and when I go door knocking, often they already know who I am

Way to pay it forward and it sounds like karma is rewarding you!! :clapping:

Guy here locally posted on facebook that he had found a ring that he would like to return to the owner. He had a bunch of people messaging him trying to guess what the ring looked like None of them even came close. One lady said she thought that dad might have lost his ring and she wanted it returned to her. Of course she did not know what it looked like but insisted it belonged to her dad.

So I watch lost and founds and if a ring is not posted as being lost I put it in my assets. I do not put a lot of effort to finding an owner. I am in the hobby for me. Its my way of having fun.

I have been able to return some rings. Some folks are very grateful and some say a half hearted thanks and turn and walk away.

Back
Top Bottom