Freemason Amulet?

mysteriousnesss

Elite Member
I found this yesterday in the field of an early American farm. All I've been able to come up with so far is that it relates to the masons and a group called the Order of the Eastern Star. I can't find any other information on it including what its intended purpose was. Any ideas?

Attachments

• 20200405_153358.jpg
    20200405_153358.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 734
  • 20200405_153411.jpg
    20200405_153411.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 723
It's Masonic Blue Lodge on one side, and Order of the Eastern Star on the other.
Blue Lodge is for the first three degrees in Masonry. And O.E.S. is for the wives, widows, mothers, daughters, and sisters of 3rd Degree Master Masons.

It's Masonic Blue Lodge on one side, and Order of the Eastern Star on the other.
Blue Lodge is for the first three degrees in Masonry. And O.E.S. is for the wives, widows, mothers, daughters, and sisters of 3rd Degree Master Masons.

That was very interesting. It would even be more interesting if I understood what you meant. Feel free to dumb it down for me if you get a chance.

That was very interesting. It would even be more interesting if I understood what you meant. Feel free to dumb it down for me if you get a chance.

Some guy gave a woman a pendant. she lost it. mysteriousness found it.

but in all interestingness ... is the combination of symbols suggesting the wearer was both a mason and some kind of matriarch of a mason ?

Some guy gave a woman a pendant. she lost it. mysteriousness found it.

but in all interestingness ... is the combination of symbols suggesting the wearer was both a mason and some kind of matriarch of a mason ?
It is fair to guess that it belonged to an OES member, however, men can join the ladies of OES, just not the other way around, so that alone doesn't really narrow it down. But, a Blue Lodge Master Mason who isn't an OES member isn't likely to have such an item.

It was a group of guys who drank a lot of beer and cooked out all the time !

Very Nice!
I have only found one Eastern Star Item...Again back in mid 80's west side of downtown Ft. Worth, a very nice Order of the Eastern Star Grand Jubilee 5 sided copper token. It was held for 3 days in October of 1933 here in Fort Worth.
I'll have to dig it out & Post a Pic
cowtownkid

Back
Top Bottom