My V Nickel Birthday Cake

Wolf-Dog

Elite Member
Some of you may remember last year when I posted about the birthday cake that my mom made and hand-decorated to look like an IHP. (Link to that thread.) :grin: Since last year was a penny dated 100 years before I was born, I asked mom if she could do the same this year, except with a V nickel. :D Here are some pics. :cool3: (Sorry this thread is a little late, my birthday was March 7th.) :cake:

My V Nickel Birthday Cake (Obverse).jpg
My V Nickel Birthday Cake (Reverse).jpg

Last edited:
No, really! It takes some serious skills to run icing like that by hand! :wow:
I just realized there is a front and back, which means you got two birthday cakes. Now, I am thinking back to the IHP cake last year...if there were two of those cakes too, I didn't realize that.
Lucky dog!

Wow really neat looking cake and yes your mom is a gifted cake decorator!

Sent from my LG-V495 using Tapatalk

Wow - it’s been another year already??? I feel like I was just responding to your IHP cake post maybe a week ago!!

That’s an awesome cake, your Mom did a fantastic job recreating a V, and I love that she did a pair of cakes to show both sides! Happy belated B-Day!

Next year you’ll have to ask for a Large Cent or silver dollar design - that way you’ll end up with even bigger cakes :lol::lol:

My mother used to make wedding cakes. Hers tasted good too, something most didn't. I got to eat the trimmings and help her deliver them.

Back
Top Bottom