Detecting a Detector

beepsticker

Back again with something unusual...I think!
We have all found some unusual stuff while dirt fishing, I'm sure. But, a few days ago I found the most different item that I have pulled , ever! ( ok, I have ONLY been doing this since Nov. 2018, but still)
My finds this year aside from clad, silver, copper and relics, include...
A Samsung Galaxy 3 cell phone
An Ipod type thingy
A fidget spinner (a little PB blaster and WD-40, works like new)
Finally (so far)
A RADAR DETECTOR ! (BEL lazer)
Yep, honestly, about 4" down, 20 yards into a cornfield! I was simply stunned!
Sorry, no pic. It's packed with mud and kind of smushed, but totally identifiable.

It makes you wonder how some of those things get down there in the first place! Nonetheless, it is really cool to unearth something totally unexpected like a radar detector šŸ˜

Back again with something unusual...I think!
We have all found some unusual stuff while dirt fishing, I'm sure. But, a few days ago I found the most different item that I have pulled , ever! ( ok, I have ONLY been doing this since Nov. 2018, but still)
My finds this year aside from clad, silver, copper and relics, include...
A Samsung Galaxy 3 cell phone
An Ipod type thingy
A fidget spinner (a little PB blaster and WD-40, works like new)
Finally (so far)
A RADAR DETECTOR ! (BEL lazer)
Yep, honestly, about 4" down, 20 yards into a cornfield! I was simply stunned!
Sorry, no pic. It's packed with mud and kind of smushed, but totally identifiable.
Was it in a field close to a road ?

Yes, just off a road, I should have been more clear, than just saying "in a cornfield"
It was about 20 yards from the road

Detectception? Finding a detector with a detector, seems like a movie plot waiting to be written to me.

In some states Radar Detectors are illegal.. perhaps a Cop was going to pull someone over and they ditched it

never the less.. AWESOME find.. does it still function?

They are legal in PA, but this was off a barely two-lane township road out in the sticks. cops don't even have radar.
I'm sure it doesn't work, there is a bit too much mud inside (1-2 pounds? lol) and it is kind of swedged sideways.

Speaking of "detecting a detector", your thread title brought to mind the cartoon below that I got from the newspaper a few years ago.

Jim

Attachments

• Bliss MD comic_March 18th.JPG
    Bliss MD comic_March 18th.JPG
    41.9 KB · Views: 141
Back
Top Bottom