2 silver rings, another merc and a heart stopper!

MTtrashdigger

Elite Member
Last trip out I found my 7th merc, a 1923. This time I got a few pics of the recovery. I will take any and every silver I can get but so far, all I have found are dimes , 7 mercs and 4 rosies. This is my 6th merc from the same park.
Any hoo, I also dug the three rings in the same general area. The silver and turquoise was pretty shallow, maybe 3 inches. It was a solid 26 and I figured it to be a clad dime. The smaller silver ring with the green stone was down 7-8 inches. I was sure it was a silver dime on edge, (or a falsing rusty screw) as the signal was a jumpy 25-27. It does have "STERLING" stamped in tiny letters inside the band. It is pretty ornate and has the same yellowish hue as another piece of jewelry I found here recently.
The other ring with the clear sparkly stone about gave me a heart attack when I pulled it up from around 7-8 inches. It rang up at 18 on the EQ800. I used to ignore that number but I just started digging the deeper 18-20s and 12-13s, hoping for an my first IH or buffalo nickel. When this thing came up it was gold and sparkly. But as I rubbed off the dirt, the gold turned to a tarnished black so I don't have any idea what kind of metal it is. Nowhere are there any stampings indicating it is gold and I'm pretty sure the stone is fake. But next time...……...

Attachments

• 7th merc recovery 1.jpg
    7th merc recovery 1.jpg
    134.9 KB · Views: 473
  • 7th merc recovery2.jpg
    7th merc recovery2.jpg
    138.2 KB · Views: 471
  • 7th merc recovery 3.jpg
    7th merc recovery 3.jpg
    149.9 KB · Views: 507
  • 7th merc recovery4.jpg
    7th merc recovery4.jpg
    146.7 KB · Views: 441
  • 7th merc.jpg
    7th merc.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 485
  • 3 rings and a merc 1.jpg
    3 rings and a merc 1.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 443
  • 3 rings and a merc 3.jpg
    3 rings and a merc 3.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 457
Congrats on the finds, and especially on uncovering your 7th mercury dime. :woot:

Nice set of rings you got,and the merc is cool too..Congrats..No kidding,that’s a great ring haul from a park,your sure to pull a gold one before long..

nice finds congrats gold rings will ring up 18 on the nox
Thanks, I've never had gold air test any higher than 16 on my Equinox and that was a chunky 14K men's ring. I've only dug 1 gold ring and that was with my Fisher 1266X and it was shallow.

Back
Top Bottom