NOX 600 Beach settings

Seaking406

Elite Member
Spending most of this spring reading up and watching tutes online, I found that there is some discrepancy on what beach setting to use.. Most of what I had seen or read states that Beach1 would be used in dry sand while Beach2 would be used in wet sand (at water's edge, for example). But a recent Minelab tutorial states that Beach1 should be used for dry AND wet sand, while Beach2 should be used for underwater use.. Under water unit or underwater coil, they did not specify.. ?

So what's the correct mode when walking along at low tide in the wet wet sand area? I had always used the dry wet sand modes but now, wondering if that's wrong?

Every beach can be different. On the slopes and wet sand I always run Beach 2. Even in dry sand I have been running in the same Beach 2 mode since I customized my tones and settings (Nox 800).

The best answer is to try to run it in Beach 1 and it is chatty and falsing then try Beach 2.

By the way, I use a sensitivity setting of 22 most of the time in the wet sand and it runs quiet most of the time.

Every beach can be different. On the slopes and wet sand I always run Beach 2. Even in dry sand I have been running in the same Beach 2 mode since I customized my tones and settings (Nox 800).

The best answer is to try to run it in Beach 1 and it is chatty and falsing then try Beach 2.

By the way, I use a sensitivity setting of 22 most of the time in the wet sand and it runs quiet most of the time.

Thanks for that.. I was out this afternoon at low tide and got very little chatter everywhere on the beach using Beach1 (sensitivity 20 or so).. I'm used to getting a lot of chatter when down in Florida but up here, it's so quiet that I have to test the coil against my shovel just to make sure it's on..

Down on Ormond Beach FL, I remember having to turn down the sensitivity to 16 to cut out the chatter in some areas.

I encountered a gent on the beach who says he also hunts this beach but he said there is barely anything to be found there.. (hence he wasn't out with his MD, just walking the dog). So time to find another beach that hasn't been rocked over by winter storms.. Once the rocks roll up, it can take decades before they roll back down..

I just got back from Jupiter, FL. I hunted there and Juno. In 8 - 9 hours of hunting I scored around $2.50. Here I was using the Nox 600. Beach 2 mode with sensitivity of 22 and lowering it at times to 18. Reactivity was a 3 and Iron Bias was set to 1. Targets hit hard and deep. The machine ran quiet most of the time.

Back
Top Bottom