Simplex update

Bruce M

Bought a new Simplex (arriving soon) and I am brand new to MDing so I know anything about them.
Question is; I see there is a software update for this machine, will I need to do this or will it come already updated.
I ask because it can only be downloaded on a Microsoft computer, I own a Mac.
Thanks in advance.

You need to update on a Windows PC. It will probably have 2.77 which is what you need.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I bought a second one and it was already updated. So I assume it would be the same for you. HH

Im in the same boat. I will have to go to daughter's or bro to update. Switched over to Mac in the late 90's and not going back. 0ver 30 years with no viruses and no problems except a very few companies like makro not realizing how many millions use them.

When you first power it up the current version number will display in the lower left hand corner of the display. If you are at 2.77 you should be good. I tried 2.78 and was not happy with it so I went back to 2.77. 2.77 was the last functional update that added any enhanced features. 2.77 works great for me and does really well with the new search coils.

I tried 2.78 and it was unstable imho. 2.77 is the way to go.

Thank you, was wondering about the 2.78 update. Sounds as though it's really not necessary as long as the machine is up to the 2.77
Thanks again.

Thank you, was wondering about the 2.78 update. Sounds as though it's really not necessary as long as the machine is up to the 2.77
Thanks again.

Correct, Even Nokta suggests not using it unless you are unhappy with 2.77. General consensus I have seen here is that 2.78 offered no benefit and everyone moved back to 2.77.

Correct, Even Nokta suggests not using it unless you are unhappy with 2.77. General consensus I have seen here is that 2.78 offered no benefit and everyone moved back to 2.77.

Then why do they ship their new detectors with 2.78?

Mine came with it loaded.

Then why do they ship their new detectors with 2.78?

Mine came with it loaded.

I cannot answer that? I just know I did not like the update personally. All of the changes to the operating system were done on 2.77, 2.88 just had to do with VDI and depth changes I believe. I found the update to be chatty. If it works for you, I would stick with the 2.78, you can easily down rev it back to 2.77 if you desire. There were a number of other users that reported similar issues and stayed with 2.77. :D

Back
Top Bottom