Show me your Trimes

matmit

Elite Member
Forum Supporter
Come on everybody, post your pretty little 3-cent silver coins here, with details on how you found them.
Mine was in June of 2013 during a 30 minute hunt in the "driveway" of a house which was recently torn down.:D
That afternoon, I also found 5 silvers in a park construction project.
That evening, I found a 10 gram men's gold ring in another park, one of my favorite detecting days ever.

Attachments

• 6-29-13 Trime.jpg
    6-29-13 Trime.jpg
    78.7 KB · Views: 437
  • 6-29-13 Trime 3.jpg
    6-29-13 Trime 3.jpg
    109 KB · Views: 452
  • 6-29-13 Trime 4.jpg
    6-29-13 Trime 4.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 454
This is a find I will never forget, found on the 26 of March 2018.
This is the place that 3 of us, Silver Bullet and Michdig and I had been hunting since the last few months of 2017. This was giving me an erratic signal in the higher 70's and never touched the 80's and showing about 6, 8 inches deep on my AT Max. It took a while to find and when I finally located it, it was on it's edge, a tiny little silvery looking thing with reeded edge.....man I wish I woulda taken a picture of that.:( I still can't get over how tiny they are.

Attachments

• 3,25,18 (2).jpg
    3,25,18 (2).jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 426
  • 3,25,18 (1).jpg
    3,25,18 (1).jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 410
Last edited:
4th of July 2020. Like he said. 79. Bouncing signal. A good 6 inches down. All I knew was it was something, not silver. When I’m at an old spot, I dig everything and often, it works out !

Just watch : I'll bet that all the replies to this post will be from guys east of the Mississippi. Can you spell "collusion " ? :sissyfight:

I found 6 trimes. For me that was easier than trying to put pictures on any forum, or finding anyone that knows how to do it.

Just watch : I'll bet that all the replies to this post will be from guys east of the Mississippi. Can you spell "collusion " ? :sissyfight:

No, I can't, I can never remember if it's one "L" or two. But I can spell conspiracy. Never trust anyone from east of the Mississippi. :cool:

"salted" coins tom!..every one of 'em! ehe! heh! he!

(h.h.!)
j.t.

"salted" coins tom!..every one of 'em! ehe! heh! he!

(h.h.!)
j.t.

Yup. As further proof that it is ALL the same coin being sent back and forth to each other, notice that they ALL have the same start with the shield thing in the middle. Notice they *all* have the Roman numeral III on them. And they ALL have the silly backwards "C" around the III. If that doesn't tell you that it's all the same coin, then what does ?

This is BEYOND coincidence, and just reeks of the same coin changing hands, and being re-posed for various east-coast hunter posts. We don't need any other evidence ! :sissyfight:

The trime is one of a few coins that would cause me to break out into an impromptu song and dance. I don't care how it would look. The nice thing about metal detecting is that you really can't embarrass yourself any further.

tough little (s.o.b.) to find! found 1 back in '78
none since!

(h.h.!)
j.t.

Fine Holiday dig Wom! Looks like 1848 on the "UNITED STATES OF AMERICA" side.

I’ve had three different guesses on that date with three different years! I would need a nuclear microscope and it still wouldn’t help. I’m just sooo happy to have found one! Damn it !

I found my one and only trime five years ago in the middle of the woods. It's still one of my favorite finds ever - such a cool, weird little coin!

Both Sides.jpg

In The Hole.jpg

Size Comparison.jpg

Back
Top Bottom