Dug a $675 dime this morning!

Cool find, Tundra! Even in PRAG condition thats a $60 coin, and yours is in wayyyyyy better condition than that!

Cool find, Tundra! Even in PRAG condition thats a $60 coin, and yours is in wayyyyyy better condition than that!
Thanks Tommy! I'm just glad I didn't do something dumb like rub the gritty dirt off of it after I dug it. I had been getting into that habit with later silver since I always figured it was later date Mercs......that would have destroyed it with all the sand particles in the soil where I dug it.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Wow that merc is in great shape! Your wheats came out nice too. What’s the process for sending it in to get graded, if you don’t mind me asking?

Great find! You said you were going to send it in for grading. I was under the impression that any dug silver coin would come back with the "Environmental Damage" grading. Am I wrong in that assumption?

A very fine dime indeed. Congrats. I guess it pays to look up some of your better finds. In the past I just would say, neat silver and toss it into the finds pouch.

Wow that merc is in great shape! Your wheats came out nice too. What’s the process for sending it in to get graded, if you don’t mind me asking?
Thanks toad! I use NGC. I have a Premium membership I think it is. It costs $150 but then you get $150 credit to put towards submissions. It ends up costing about $35 a coin plus a $10 handling fee per coin or group you send in and then it's $26 for registered return shipping. It is cheaper if you send more coins in unless they are very valuable and then it gets a bit more expensive.

Great find! You said you were going to send it in for grading. I was under the impression that any dug silver coin would come back with the "Environmental Damage" grading. Am I wrong in that assumption?
Thanks Fooleeze! I think you will only get the "Environmental Damage" label if it's something other then silver, something with corrosion that is. Just recently I sent in a couple coins in for a buddy of mine. One was a 1922 "No D" wheat and a better Barber Quarter, both were dug. They said the wheat was not suitable for grading because it had a bit of pitting and green crusty spots on it but they did give it a label saying it was a "No D" variety, just not holder. The Barber Quarter I sent in for him was in a PCGS holder that said it had rim filing. I looked and said there was none so I broke it out and sent it to NGC. It was graded XF details (cleaned). When he wiped it off after digging it he put some very minor hairline on it which is why it got the "cleaned" label.
I think the only way you'll get an "Environmental Damage" label is if the silver coin is pitted or has that dark gray toning on it.

Back
Top Bottom