My favorite coin machines

goldpaninut

About a month ago I went to the local credit union to turn in a lot of coins. Checking the coin return I found a handful of dirty zinc cents, Canadian coins, and some toy coins. Not thinking much about it, I pocketed everything and run my coins through. When I got home I remembered the coins in my pocket, and looked through them. Among them there were 3 good ones, this 1883 nickel, a 1932-D Lincoln cent, and a 1943-S steel war cent. Didn't even have to swing a detector!

Attachments

• 9-14-2021 found these coins in coin machine at Rogue Valley Credit Union (1).jpg
    9-14-2021 found these coins in coin machine at Rogue Valley Credit Union (1).jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 294
  • 9-14-2021 found these coins in coin machine at Rogue Valley Credit Union (2).jpg
    9-14-2021 found these coins in coin machine at Rogue Valley Credit Union (2).jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 279
Congrats on the wheats and shield nickel. Never saw a coin that old in a reject tray before. You would think people would pay a little more attention to the coins they have. I got a 43 S war nickel last week in the reject tray. Again nice find. Mark

By the way, the oldest coin I've ever found in a coinstar or change machine was an 1866 French dime

Back
Top Bottom