I Thought it Was Junk…I Thought Wrong! 10K with Black Diamonds

FelixtheCat

A Moderating Knight of the Round Coil
Super Mod
Forum Supporter
Even though we’re at plus tides, I had a very nice window to get out, so I headed with Merlin to South Beach for what would turn out to be a 4.5 hour hunt (I would’ve gone 5 but I had a bad headache). When I got there, it was just beautiful and with the water now a very nice temperature that doesn’t feel like I’m in a sauna. The targets came much more plentiful then in my last terrible hunt there just over 10 days ago. I was very happy about that, and it seems that the wind patterns are going to be changing with the weather so that’ll be welcome as well. I hunted near shore for the first half of the hunt. In the 2nd half, I hunted mainly offshore but would come in to do some area near to the one I had covered. It was in the last half hour of my hunt that I got a nice mid-tine and saw what I thought would be my 3rd junk ring. It looked nice, but I didn’t see any markings, so I thought it was going to be stainless. When I got to the car I put on my glasses and saw a mark I could not discern. I even used my phone but couldn’t get it right. I noticed the ring had some weight and a nice glimmer to it, so the thought of “plat” crossed my mind - but so did it being probably stainless. When I got home, I got my jeweler’s glasses and quickly made out some hallmark and 10K :dingding:. Although I prefer to be able to ID good stuff when I find it, I’ll take a nice surprise at home rather than striking out any day! :yes:

Attachments

• 10-16-21.jpg
    10-16-21.jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 766
  • 10-16-21 Ring.jpg
    10-16-21 Ring.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 765
  • 10-16-21 Fits.jpg
    10-16-21 Fits.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 766
Your first impression was correct : It's junk. Kindly mail it to me for proper disposal. Thanx ! :cool3:

I'd like to see that in yellow gold , more contrast. Unique and it counts. Your so lucky I even see you found a 4 leaf clover !

Nice finds and black diamond gold, Felix! Arent those on the rare side??

Reading beach hunters stories, and since I live MANY miles from any ocean beach, I find it interesting how the tides, wind directions, storms, and changing beach conditions play a role in whether a hunt will be good or not.

Different and a good ebayer!
Believe it or not I have a hard time putting gold up for sale. I have only sold a few rungs and that's because they were designer and their value isn't in the gold. Same for silver. There's a "grail watch" that I want to get and I am considering selling some of my silver for it since it's starting to not to fit in the box that I keep it in.
Nice finds and black diamond gold, Felix! Arent those on the rare side??

Reading beach hunters stories, and since I live MANY miles from any ocean beach, I find it interesting how the tides, wind directions, storms, and changing beach conditions play a role in whether a hunt will be good or not.
I believe they're cheaper than all the other colors since they can probably get away with lower quality. They're just fashionable. (I first learned about them in a David Yurman ring I found some years back). For the most part, unless there's a big hurricane that's favorable to the erosion process, we don't get the kind of erosion I've seen in California. But when our regular wind patterns change and start coming more northerly, sanded in sections from the summer will shift. The cycle will repeat itself when stuff lost in Fall/Winter will show up in Spring Summer. At least that's what I tell myself! :lol:

Believe it or not I have a hard time putting gold up for sale. I have only sold a few rungs and that's because they were designer and their value isn't in the gold. Same for silver. There's a "grail watch" that I want to get and I am considering selling some of my silver for it since it's starting to not to fit in the box that I keep it in.

What is a designer rung? Is that a southern thing?

I bet your ladders have designer rungs as well....:yes:

Don't you have some kids to smack with a ruler? Get to work....:lol:
Ruler? No nuns here Craig. I think you're well within the age for my "Board of Correction" though! :laughing:

Attachments

• BOC.jpg
    BOC.jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 460
Weird looking but nice catch, glad it fits!
Water still unseasonably warm down here too, I tell ya, if any hurricane went through the gulf right now it would really pick up steam!

Back
Top Bottom