Why I dig all solid signals...This guy did and found massive gold!

DIGGER27

In Memory Of
Alabama, by way of Detroit, Tampa Bay, Alabama and
This is not my find, Ronstar over on finds just posted this but I gotta share this over here because...

Gold is a harsh mistress, those that find it, especially in the dirt, know this.
It can be found but most times it ain't easy.
Over the years when people ask for help and information finding this stuff I have always chimed in and shared what I know about it.
I am no expert but I have found more than my share using 5 different detectors.
One thing I have always said that for me, gold has always come in very solid in all areas from foil on up.
I know for many it has been jumpy but for me it never has, what probably helps me is I do examine every solid signal in all areas every way but Sunday and the ones in any common gold areas from foil on up more so.
I hate digging trash, avoid as much of it as I can nowadays, but all signals in those areas I really pay attention to if it grabs my attention with a good tone and even a hint of solidity and I move all around that thing to see if I can get my tool to lock on like a laser.
Those that I do get a solid lock on get dug, I still dig some trash but a lot of my gold has been found this way in some insanely trashy sites while still avoiding most junk.

Ronstar used an F5 and just graduated to an F75 recently.
He was hot to find gold, he has a large area he hunted all the time, a series of intramural fields at a school that he has been pounding for awhile.
He has found many coins, lots of silver rings but gold has eluded him.
In several replies to his queries about gold, VDI numbers and anything else he can think of to help him find that stuff, I told him where gold could possibly come in and how they behaved when I found mine, especially with my two Fishers.
I told him dig what you want the way you want to, jumpy, crazy or whatever, but if you get something super solid go after them every time.
Any in foil, nickel, tabs or lower zinc for sure.
I also told him to relax because the quest was starting to drive him crazy...gold will probably show up when he least expects it.

Today he was at those fields and found a few things but not much and he was walking back to his truck to leave because he had somewhere else to be.
On the way back he walked over a compressed gravel road that he says has been there forever.
There was dirt and grass on top but underneath was that old road.
He got a signal under an end piece of that road, solid 20, wouldn't budge off of that number.
For non Fisher people this is low foil, those hated round drink pull-off foil freshness seals usually come in around 21-23 for me, this was lower than that...definitely in the junk category.
Plus it was weird, seemed big, he chased it around with a pinpointer and he realized it was not small...it was huge.
He kept thinking foil or several pieces of foil and the confidence meter told him this too but he decided it was too solid to walk away, he wanted to see what this was.
He had to dig up part of the gravel road to get to it and when he finally pried up a small piece he saw something...golden.

photostudio_1600944247075.jpg

He worked like crazy to get to this entire thing under that road but in the end it was more than worth it.
He tells the story well, go here if you want to read it, I highly suggest you do.
https://www.findmall.com/threads/gold-and-it-was-neither-coin-nor-ring.351679/

It was big, it was trash, it was hard to get to but it was solid so he stayed and found something most of us only dream of.
A full 20" gold chain, 28.68 grams of 14k.

Dig what you want but I implore you...dig the solid ones for sure wherever and in whatever areas you find them.
Especially if you love to find gold.
You just never know.

Attachments

• photostudio_1600902298522.jpg
    photostudio_1600902298522.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 437
Last edited:
The F75 is good on gold. It's a great detector. It has many coil choices. It will find small gold rings but as you mentioned, you have to dig the trash numbers to find them. Congrats to Ronstar. That chain will only increase his anticipation on the next hunt.

The F75 is good on gold. It's a great detector. It has many coil choices. It will find small gold rings but as you mentioned, you have to dig the trash numbers to find them. Congrats to Ronstar. That chain will only increase his anticipation on the next hunt.

He appears to be still in shock.
Says his kids keep sending him Mr.T memes.

Back
Top Bottom