• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Hello from Louisiana

Chris88

Hello everyone,
New to metal detecting. I have been doing a lot of searching and reading in the forum. There is a lot of good info here. But I am still not sure where to start.

Thanks, Chris

Hello everyone,
New to metal detecting. I have been doing a lot of searching and reading in the forum. There is a lot of good info here.

But I am still not sure where to start.

Thanks, Chris

Welcome from Winnsboro, South Carolina !!!!

When you say where to start, do you mean:

where to start as far as deciding which detector to buy?
where to start as far as looking for places to detect ?
where to start as far as simply learning about the hobby in general ?

:mder:_____:mder: _____:mder:_____:mder:

Welcome from Winnsboro, South Carolina !!!!

When you say where to start, do you mean:

where to start as far as deciding which detector to buy?
where to start as far as looking for places to detect ?
where to start as far as simply learning about the hobby in general ?

:mder:_____:mder: _____:mder:_____:mder:

Yes lol, I would like to find a walk-in store so I can talk to the people. I like getting what I need the first time.

Yes lol, I would like to find a walk-in store so I can talk to the people. I like getting what I need the first time.

The days of walk-in brick-&-mortar metal detector dealers is practically over. Good luck on finding one these days. A few fellows might still sell them out of their garage, but they are a dying breed. Thanx to the internet & mail-order.

Same for brick & mortar clubs : No one gets off their duff and goes to a 1x per month meeting anymore, starting in the late 1990s to early 2000s: Everyone gets their info and socializing from the comfort of their lazy boy recliner and 'puter these days.

Clubs and dealers: R.I.P.

If you wanted to buddy up with someone to show you the ropes, then you can eventually find close-by md'rs. And if some are willing, you can join up with them. Maybe not for choice selective secret sites giving-up-old-coins, but at least for some clad practice.

If you do an online search for: Louisiana "metal detector" stores you might find one close to you, and you might see one in person that is what you want, but before you buy maybe check with the forum sponsors to see if they can offer the same detector at a better price, doesn't hurt to ask !

http://metaldetectingforum.com/forum_sponsors.php

.... but before you buy maybe check with the forum sponsors to see if they can offer the same detector at a better price,....

And thus is the death of brick & mortar walk-in dealers

R.I.P.

What part of Louisiana are you from? You might’ve said it already but I just get down to me writing this

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey my name is Dean from Covington Louisiana how did your make up out there with the hurricane?

Hello, I am in St Charles Parish. We made out ok I work for Entergy and have been working in Lake Charles for 3 weeks got home Friday.

Chris look up Gulf South Detectors. They are in Denham Springs and might just be able to cover what you're looking for. Welcoome, I'm from Houma.
"gene"

Hello, I am in St Charles Parish. We made out ok I work for Entergy and have been working in Lake Charles for 3 weeks got home Friday.

Y’all do a great job there’s one thing I know after hurricane I love seeing you guys, coming.

Back
Top Bottom