Anyone make their own control head cover??

bigtim1973

Elite Member
Been looking for a few control head or screen covers for some whites detection have.

Seems like all of the nice control head covers are always made in Russia or somewhere in Europe.

Man does anyone over here in the USA know how to use a sewing machine anymore???

Anyways just checking to see if some of you could show off something they have came up with.

Been looking for a few control head or screen covers for some whites detection have.

Man does anyone over here in the USA know how to use a sewing machine anymore???

You could check with a local upholstery, awning, sign, boat, or sail shop in your area. They would certainly have both the materials and equipment to do it.

A good, cheap solution if its just to keep the moisture off of the control box is sandwich baggies. I used to slip one over my dfx control box in wet conditions, and when you're done, you just throw it away.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

A good, cheap solution if its just to keep the moisture off of the control box is sandwich baggies. I used to slip one over my dfx control box in wet conditions, and when you're done, you just throw it away.
Hey, good idea! I want to try this out next time I'm detecting in wet conditions. :waytogo:

I made one for my simplex when I had one. I used clear plastic from a binder for the screen portion, and some heavy black fabric I had lying around. Stitched it all together by hand. By the time I was done though, might have been quicker to just buy one :laughing: I really need to make some arm cuff covers, just got to find a good source for some neoprene. The sandwich baggie is a quick temporary solution though, and a great suggestion!

There used to be a guy on the forum from Wisconsin and he stitched his own stuff it was really high quality and I still have one. I have a new to me sewing machine and I am going to tinker because I need one for my other machine.

Back
Top Bottom