my new oldest coin

pa-searcher

I went out for about an hour this friday ,since I worked 4 10's ,until the rain chased me away.I originally wanted to hit an old park but am unsure of its exact location,so I opted for plan B,stop at a ballfield/park that isn't that old but had old houses there from the mid 1800's.I don't believe i ever dug as much as a wheaty from here but clad would do for today.Its been a while since I was able to get out to any quality sites so my posts have been a long time coming.The very first coin that I dug was about 8 inches deep not far from a streem that runs beside the site.the reverse side is smooth but as soon as I saw the front I knew what I had,just wasn't sure on the date since I am getting old and the eyes aren't the best any more.I ended up with 5 memorials a clad dime and this....my new oldest coin..1791 1 reale. The nickel is for size comparison.

Attachments

• 7-28-170003.jpg
    7-28-170003.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 466
  • 7-28-170002.jpg
    7-28-170002.jpg
    9 KB · Views: 453
thanks for all the kind words..like I stated ..the back of the coin is just about smooth,with just a hint of the outline,this makes number 15 silver on the year.Not setting the world on fire but could be a lot worse off.

It's always exciting to find an old coin at site where you aren't expecting it.

Thanks everyone for the kind words and encouragement.I now have a new goal in trying to dig an even older coin.They are out there now just have to put the coil over one.

Back
Top Bottom