Delta 4000 Sensitivity 6

TroJanClan

I am new to metal detecting this year and have had my Delta 4000 for about 2 months now. I have been using my yard to learn how to hunt and haven't done too bad pulling from my own ground but I have beat it to death on sensitivity 5 and decided to see if i can find anything a little deeper. The problem is that my yard on 5 is completely quiet but on 6 I hear a ton of chatter and don't really get any solid signals. When I do get something close to a good signal it is always marked as being 8-10" deep but once i cut the plug to that depth I can find any signal at all. Sensitivity 5 and I usually always cut almost perfect to the target. But 6 has got me scratching my head. Am I missing something?

Here's a few notes that you might not know about the Delta 4000

There are two different All Metals Modes, identified as A1 and A2.
The best All Metals mode for you to select depends on the ground conditions where you are hunting.

A1 has more default sensitivity, about an inch more on a coin-sized object, but will sound off over more highly mineralized ground.

A2 is more tolerant of ground conditions, but will be less sensitive over less mineralized ground. The two modes also have different audio characteristics.

A2 will provide better target separation, as the sound covers a “tighter” area as you cross over a target.

In both A1 and A2, all types of metal objects induce a sound which varies in pitch and volume according to the size of the object and its distance from the coil.

For example, a larger object close to the coil will induce a loud, high pitched tone. A small object, farther from the coil will induce a lower-pitch lower-volume tone.

Use an ALL METALS mode for maximum sensitivity to buried targets.

Hope this helps someone

Back
Top Bottom