Need to fix Tesoro Outlaw ?

medusa

I bought a used Tesroro many months ago and just got around to getting my first chance to use it. I turn it on and get the battery test tone but it keeps going on and on. It doesn't cut off after 6 seconds or so. It doesn't do that when the coil is not connected so I'll assume it has something to do with that. Any ideas on what to look for when this is a problem. Everything looks ok on the inside of the panel board so I'm lost. I' d like to have this money go down the drain. I am handy with a soldering iron so have at it.:D

The first thing I would do if I were you is call Tesoro's service dept. They can maybe help you over the phone and if not send it in and for fifty bucks plus parts you will have a perfectly working Outlaw. I own a Outlaw and many other Tesoro detectors they are pretty bullet proof, but like anything they can fail. The only issue I ever had was a Tiger Shark coil that went bad, but I had hundreds of hours on it.

tesoro outlaw

I think I may do that but I don 't feel hopeful after reading some other posts about Tesoros's customer service. Mnay companies after all are not in the business of turning away money. I'd rather find a 3rd party repair person but nothing hurts in a phone call . I'll try them tomorrow.

I believe you will find the very few companies have better service and stand behind there product like Tesoro does. Tesoro, Garrett and White's are the best out there IMHO.

Might be a bad coil. Could have been mishandled at some point.
If you have access to another coil from a fellow detectorist or a local shop you could verify by swapping the coil out. If not I wouldn't hesitate to call Tesoro. Not sure where you heard complaints from but they are extremely easy to deal with and very reasonable even wi h second hand machines.

If one buys a used Tesoro and pays to have it serviced, will they reinstate the lifetime warranty on the detector for the new owner?

Do not attempt to email them, you will not get a response.
You must pick up the phone and call directly and ask for Rusty, you might be surprised how friendly the service dept is.

Don't attempt any repairs yourself. The unit is not user serviceable. Its easy to break off any one of the stiff wires inside from the circuit board if an attempt is made to look inside.

Should have tested the unit when you first bought it, the orig owner may have tried to play with the insides..........................

Back
Top Bottom