• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

I joined my local MD club

nevets2968

The club in question is called the East Coast Research and Discovery Association (ECRDA.)

I met lot's of nice people who were quite welcoming (and put up with my silly questions about metal detecting.)

Anyways at the end of the night everyone threw their name tags in a box and they pulled my name and i won this! Sufficed to say I'm pretty jazzed. :)

This weekend (or sooner I hope) I'll try out my BH pioneer 202 and see if I can find some coins.

Attachments

• 16826080_10212429368350163_2384908246401008065_o.jpg
    16826080_10212429368350163_2384908246401008065_o.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 342
Good luck on your future hunts. I swung a Bounty Hunter Pioneer 202 for about 6 years. Easy to use basic machine but will flat out find the goods! They partially drained a local lake a few years back because of flood damage to the levy. I spent the next 2 years cleaning out the now exposed swimming area. I filled 2 canning jars with clad, found a few silver coins, lots of junk jewelry, 11 class rings(returned 6),and 3 gold rings my wife kept. Not only did that beach put over $1000 in my pocket, but the sheer number of targets taught me SO much about my machine and how to use it. Eventually they fixed the levee and refilled the lake. I've since got an ATPro on went back there and found 3 more gold rings and some silvers. Good luck with you future hunts, your rig is no slouch!!

Hey, cool! our local 'club' here is just a gem and mineral society. They say there used to be detectorists there but no more. don’t get me wrong, the gem/mineral thing is interesting, but... it's not a metal detector club.

Thanks everybody.

I have to admit a thing (or 2)...I'm a idiot. Meaning I can read the same instructions,etc etc over and over and nothing will sink in. I learn better by hands on or seeing a visual demonstration.

That being said - I read the booklet that came w/ the pioneer 202. I "think" i got the hang of it but what I'm going to do is :

1. Got some poker chips. I'm going to glue a penny to one, a nickel to another, pull tab to another and so on.

2. I'll close my eyes and drop them on the ground (hopefully coin side down. ;) ) and try to determine sound wise what's what.

Maybe I'm overthinking this. :P

When I first started I got a big piece of card board and taped various item to it and just turned over. Helped me in picking out the different tone and with pinpointing.

Clubs are awesome!

Yeah! Me and two other Forum Members (STURRAT and TreasureTwosome) joined our local Coin Collectors Club...Now Its sort of morphing into a Coin/Detectorists club! Several other coin collector guys swing coil, and a few more want to get into it! I sent them to our ForumSponsors to order gear...

Its a lot of fun and I am learning a lot! The Collectors are intrigued by what we find and are also willing to buy our stuff!..tokens, coins, knives, Zippos, wheat pennies, hotwheels, marbles even! Whatever!...Theres a couple old privey diggers there with some amazing collections! Some of these old guys will let us do some hunts in some areas they know about or own...so its been a good thing...

Back
Top Bottom