Surf Question

goofy

Elite Member
I will be going to the Gulf Coast this weekend for 7 days. Tropical Storm Cindy just passed through. I hope to detect some but We will have our grandkids with us. I question is how long will it take before the sand and debris settle down for the surf to be clear again?
I know this does not pertain to detecting much but I figure this group will be the most likely to supply an answer. Thanks guys and yes, I do hope there is a big cut in front of the beach rental we will be staying at.

A lot of factors, and sometimes within a day. Google search "Florida beach cams" to see conditions in real-time.

Could be a good thing! Hunt ASAP!! In 2008 I was in OCMD the evening of Hurricane Bill, Best timing.. You could not swing the detector with out finding a target. 4 days later you could not find a target, sand had came back in and covered all. End total was 7 gold rings and a bunch of other treasures.

Could be a good thing! Hunt ASAP!! In 2008 I was in OCMD the evening of Hurricane Bill, Best timing.. You could not swing the detector with out finding a target. 4 days later you could not find a target, sand had came back in and covered all. End total was 7 gold rings and a bunch of other treasures.

Nice hunt. I will be there tomorrow at noon if its not too late.

Hurricane Bill gave me the ring in my picture!!! Bill, I love you so! Found while the hurricane was offshore in the wet sand.

Clear water, whats that? No need for clear water, it's all sound and feel. Get used to digging in dirty water and you can dig anywhere...

Clear water, whats that? No need for clear water, it's all sound and feel. Get used to digging in dirty water and you can dig anywhere...

I agree but was asking because we will have the grand kids and they were hoping for some pretty water. I know it has nothing to do with detecting but I knew this group would have the answer.

Dont know where you are going......... but this helps

https://www.swellinfo.com/

This and a good tide chart is a must. Today was red flag at Siesta. But right now the water temp is 80ish and depending on the beach its crazy busy with people IN the water. For kids, in the Gulf they are loving the waves. Odd today on one end there were surfers but the rest of the beach goers were having a ball getting smacked around out there.

Dew

I will be going to the Gulf Coast this weekend for 7 days. Tropical Storm Cindy just passed through. I do hope there is a big cut in front of the beach rental we will be staying at.

Here in PCB there we 2-8 foot cuts depending on where you're hunting and then in many places the city "re-nourished" the beaches.... seems like where ever you walk your feet sink 2-4 inches...

good luck and don't give up......

Back
Top Bottom