Crisp large cent

Chefjuan

Elite Member
Nothing too impressive other than the condition! It is so crisp!

Need to get the green crud which is cemented on it off. Any suggestions?

Thanks y'all!
919d4691a85ece91b701e86d936c2085.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow is that in great shape,it would be somthing special to me.Congrats on that one

Ok. Your right, it is by FAR the nicest large cent I have dug. I meant nothing special like rare date or mis-strike. It's a beauty, I leave it on the window sill by my sink so I can look at it when I come home... and pick a little

It is crisp indeed, very nice, congrats !

It must not have been in circulation too long before it got dropped on the ground !

I agree. Earlier this spring I dug a MINT capped bust 1/2 dime, something about the ground there that preserves everything really nicely

Before you do anything, read the link in my signature line below. You will need to copy and paste it into your browser. Also, Aqua Chigger has a video on what happens when you try to clean large cents, the results can be very disappointing.

Nice find. I agree with most, would leave that one as is. If I messed up a coin in that shaped trying to make it prettier I would kick myself repeatedly after the fact.

never olive oil it will ruin coin, just soak in distilled water for a few days and tooth pick and if its gonna come off it will with the distilled, if not just leave it and bake it out at 250F and apply microcrystaline paste wax

Before you do anything, read the link in my signature line below. You will need to copy and paste it into your browser. Also, Aqua Chigger has a video on what happens when you try to clean large cents, the results can

Yes I have watched that, he donar address the green stuff though but that's ok! I may or may not mess with it, i thought about baking it... dunno. It is my prettiest large cent !

I would leave it like that unless you plan to sell it. If you want to clean I have no idea what to do. I usually just clean stuff enough to identify it.

I wouldn't mess with it, it has great character. If you want to throw acid on copper, find some olive oil.

Back
Top Bottom