• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Finally got around to it!

YooperBSN

Braved the 20 degree weather yesterday to get in some boots on the ground research (and hopefully a little digging) in. Safe to say, most everything was frozen. Ended up, however, at the same spot where I pulled my first war nickel and my 1909 WP and the ground was still diggable much to my surprise! As light was fading fast, I figured I didn't much time but I would try anyway. Found mostly slaw, but ended up with two pennies, one clad and my second for the year, third ever wheat penny; a 1957D.

A few days back I hit this same spot and found, among other interesting items, a round tuit! Kind of a surprise because the majority of these seem to be made of wood. I tried to ID it by looking up the phrase, but no luck. Still a mystery. The rest of my finds from that day I posted on my Imgur site if anyone is interested. imgur.com/user/YooperBSN

Attachments

• 1957d obv.jpg
    1957d obv.jpg
    16.8 KB · Views: 231
  • 1957d rev.jpg
    1957d rev.jpg
    19.5 KB · Views: 222
  • tuit.jpg
    tuit.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 221
  • tuit 2.jpg
    tuit 2.jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 228
Braved the 20 degree weather yesterday to get in some boots on the ground research (and hopefully a little digging) in. Safe to say, most everything was frozen. Ended up, however, at the same spot where I pulled my first war nickel and my 1909 WP and the ground was still diggable much to my surprise! As light was fading fast, I figured I didn't much time but I would try anyway. Found mostly slaw, but ended up with two pennies, one clad and my second for the year, third ever wheat penny; a 1957D.

A few days back I hit this same spot and found, among other interesting items, a round tuit! Kind of a surprise because the majority of these seem to be made of wood. I tried to ID it by looking up the phrase, but no luck. Still a mystery. The rest of my finds from that day I posted on my Imgur site if anyone is interested. imgur.com/user/YooperBSN

Huh. That's a new one to me. I had to look it up. It would be interesting to know how far back that one dates.

Back
Top Bottom