I'm on the board😃

metaladdict

Elite Member
Silver #1 from Barber beach. Unfortunately I got asked to leave by two rangers claiming it's because of artifacts?Well I cleaned up there with Equinox on beach1 recovery 5 F2 at 9. Worked great on the carpet of rust/iron.
It's a 1911 dime

Attachments

• IMG_20200119_153508406.jpg
    IMG_20200119_153508406.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 519
  • IMG_20200119_153444384.jpg
    IMG_20200119_153444384.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 512
Last edited:
Silver #1 from Barber beach. Unfortunately I got asked to leave by two rangers claiming it's because of artifacts?Well I cleaned up there with Equinox on beach1 recovery 5 F2 at 9. Worked great on the carpet of rust/iron.
It's a 1911 dime

California? Did you tell them Tom said it was OK?

That's a nice silver you artifact stealer you! :lol:

Sweet find Metal- congrats! I like the new F2 settings on the Equinox. I don't use the Nox all the time but it seems like I find fewer bottlecaps with the new update. :yes:

Good to see the CA action . Luv that beach-kissed silver :laughing:

... Unfortunately I got asked to leave by two rangers claiming it's because of artifacts?....

What type beach were you on ? Eg.: State beach ? Federal ? County ? City ? etc.... Which entity administers the particular stretch you were on at this hunt ?

Sweet find Metal- congrats! I like the new F2 settings on the Equinox. I don't use the Nox all the time but it seems like I find fewer bottlecaps with the new update. :yes:
I had to try the f2 settings in the rust and it worked! No iron falsing.
Good to see the CA action . Luv that beach-kissed silver :laughing:

What type beach were you on ? Eg.: State beach ? Federal ? County ? City ? etc.... Which entity administers the particular stretch you were on at this hunt ?
It's a non-historic state beach. I've had rangers pass me by on the same beach. Someone may have whined Idk?
Congrats on great find ! Too bad the gung ho Federales had to show up !
It's ok I emptied the area👍😁

What, you were digging in the sand?

How crass of you. Better it should rot in the ground.

I had to try the f2 settings in the rust and it worked! No iron falsing.

It's a non-historic state beach. I've had rangers pass me by on the same beach. Someone may have whined Idk?

It's ok I emptied the area👍😁

Have Tom write a note for you to give to the rangers next time they try kicking you off... He will set them straight. ;)

.... It's a non-historic state beach. ....

Ahhh, well I have an attachment/link, from a state of CA park's personnel, that says it's ok on state beaches here. NOT THAT WE NEED AN EXPRESS "YES" in the first place. But ... just showing how arbitrary /whimsical this can be.

Technically, yes, the state park's dept here has "cultural heritage" boiler plate verbiage. Yet nothing specifically saying "no md'ing". Thus, technically ... you're ok as you don't find "artifacts" (ie.: stuff/coins over 50 yrs. old). Presto, I never find anything old. Do you ? :roll:

As for the rangers who scrammed you : I have a sneaking suspicion of how that came-to-be on their radar. Care to take a guess ? :mad: And so too has there been a very small handful of "scrams", from perhaps 6 or 7 state beaches here , in all of CA. In all the time I've paid attention to this (ie.: any posts or stories that circulate). And in each case, they've always turned out to be flukes. Eg.: No one ever hears "boo" again, even at the same beach. Ie.: ... it's just a singular ranger , or singular beach to avoid.

And the WORST thing that someone could do now, is go to fight-that-scram, and seek clarification. It could bring about an official stance. Thus ... best left to "isolated flukes".

If you wanted to hunt that exact beach again, and feared those same 2 guys, I can give you an email saying "yes" from a state park's district head-top guy, for you to print out. And, oddly, you don't even need anything from park's code saying that you're ok . Because the mere fact that they alluded to "artifacts" (by their own statements), is your "out". Since that is defined as old objects.

Have Tom write a note for you to give to the rangers next time they try kicking you off... He will set them straight. ;)

haha

NIce save on the Barber, Crazy about the Rangers.

Hey Metal....please send us some of that old silver to us fools down here in So. Cal.:laughing::laughing: NICE FIND !!

... You So Callie's have loads of gold and Platinum ....

Yes. Any beach north of Santa Barbara requires a fricken wet-suit to swim or surf in. You turn blue trying to swim without surf-suits anywhere north of Santa Barbara. Whereas, in So. CA, the temperatures are nearly swimming pool temperatures !

Thus on any given hot summer day, at the popular tourist beaches of So. CA, there can be THOUSANDS of people in the water. But if you look at the beach cam's of the central and northern CA beaches, people would be wading, at best. Just too cold.

It has to do with the southern equator currents, that circulate and cycle out/off, at the Pt. Concepcion, d/t the angle of the coast, depths, etc.... So the coin-to-jewelry ratio is much better down there, than it is up here. :mad:

Back
Top Bottom