I will never understand people.

At one of my work locations, I was talking about detecting when the manager asked me if I could try to find a survey stake. Iron targets one after another was all I could find. This stake was not at the road or corner of a visible lot and he only had a vague idea of where it was. Ten minutes later and he said it wasn't important, just curious.

It's really dumb for someone to rely on a detectorist to locate the property boundaries, if there is any possibility that the location of the boundary might be the subject of a dispute. Unless done by a licensed surveyor, it's worthless for legal purposes. No, I am not a licensed surveyor.

EMI was horrific even a bit much for the 800. He told me the burried electric lines run across the front of his property.

This. I've only looked for stuff for family and friends. 10 times out of 9 there is electrical service or equipment all over where the target is said to be. Don't even bother anymore... I just say "too much emi, won't work if there is anything electrical within 50-100 yards " because, most of the time, there is...

I had some what the same situation. Wanted ME TO DRIVE 4 hours one way, I told him i would walk him through it with any detector he had. I told him if i came there I would EXPECT $300 when i got there.They was looking for a 3 day lost ring. He said he would try my way first of telling him how to do it. Well while i was giving him instructions WHAM they got it. His EXACT WORDS WERE HEY I GOT IT !!11 glad you didn't hve to come here !!! and HUNG UP NO thank you !!!

Back
Top Bottom