Fisher Impulse AQ detector update

Being a water hunter... its really painful to watch this guy dig... either the AQ isn't very good at Pinpointing a target or its him... so far... I am not impressed..

Still hoping for a 9 or 10” coil..... like you said Craig if it’s a mono coil he’s working at it. Assuming this is JAG..... and he’s had the machine for years now. So what’s a regular Joe going to do? Every one is waiting to see if Joe gets one.... if so will he get 12 gold rings instead of 6?

Still hoping for a 9 or 10” coil..... like you said Craig if it’s a mono coil he’s working at it. Assuming this is JAG..... and he’s had the machine for years now. So what’s a regular Joe going to do? Every one is waiting to see if Joe gets one.... if so will he get 12 gold rings instead of 6?
Dew, I'm all ready practicing digging. I'm holding the coil about 8 inch's off of the bottom and trying to dig the targets. Not good but I think I can adjust, I did not realize how many times I stick the 10 inch coil in the hole to get a better signal in pp and disc..and locate the target. My thinking right now, get a bigger scoop.:laughing:

His digging style is... I don't know.. strange.. I swing with my right hand and hold the scoop in my left hand but also dig with my left foot... its really strange the way he digs its painful for me to watch :lol:

I dont get it. You supposedly have a machine with the latest and greatest technology and this is the kind of marketing they put out? Someone from another country with a low quality video? If I'm fisher nothing gets released until I have a final product and I advertise the heck of it as being the latest and greatest. I get the top professionals together to demo it and generate more hype. We have been chasing ghost stories on this machine for a long time and it seems like we're all getting duped. I **hope** it does as claimed, i hope it can hit a nickel at 15 inches, I hope it cuts through black sand easily. Fisher needs to follow Minelab route and get some better marketing. Sorry to rant, but videos like this give me more reason to doubt the ability of the machine.

Last edited:
I dont get it. You supposedly have a machine with the latest and greatest technology and this is the kind of marketing they put out? Someone from another country with a low quality video? If I'm fisher nothing gets released until I have a final product and I advertise the heck of it as being the latest and greatest. I get the top professionals together to demo it and generate more hype. We have been chasing ghost stories on this machine for a long time and it seems like we're all getting duped. I **hope** it does as claimed, i hope it can hit a nickel at 15 inches, I hope it cuts through black sand easily. Fisher needs to follow Minelab route and get some better marketing. Sorry to rant, but videos like this give me more reason to doubt the ability of the machine.

I hope it hits a nickel deeper than that because my DF hit nickels at 15 inches... I took it up to Mr.Bills test garden at his home on the cape a few years ago and hit all the targets he put me on to... he was going to tweak my DF but when I hit the targets he said to leave it alone.

I hadn’t noticed his digging style.... but seems awkward/a time waster. Maybe it had to do with his filming. He’ d have real issues in the water with that style. Kind of like putting the machine down and digging with two hands. What I really miss thou was no sound.

I hadn’t noticed his digging style.... but seems awkward/a time waster. Maybe it had to do with his filming. He’ d have real issues in the water with that style. Kind of like putting the machine down and digging with two hands. What I really miss thou was no sound.

The sound was probably there but you couldn't hear it because they decided to do this test/hunt on a terrible day... it was stupid to make the video... it proves nothing... I didn't see any great depth with that detector... what I saw is someone who doesn't know how to beach hunt... I cracked up reading that scoop part of the video looked like someone in the back of Earl Scheib pain shop put that thing together.. remember Earls commercials? Would paint any car for $99.95 ;)

I also believe just about any good pulse would have found that ring... it wasn't all that deep... with that digging style he could have been pushing it down further...

Years ago I pulled a 9 gram 18k wedding band dated from the 1800's 18 inches from deep compacted mud my hole was like a bore hole straight down.. the same beach that brncofan Mark pulled the Rev War officers button with his TDI Pro he can tell you how deep the TDI PRO is...

So, you're saying this won't be the next big thing? :lol::lol::lol:
Just looking at that machine makes me believe it will not hold up in the water, and since no one who is testing will go beyond ankle deep I guess that confirms their trepidation as well...

Zee.... if I buy one they best have a good warranty and be ready lol.

I in fact had a truck painted by Earl.... they failed to mention there was no hardener in the paint for that price.

So, you're saying this won't be the next big thing? :lol::lol::lol:
Just looking at that machine makes me believe it will not hold up in the water, and since no one who is testing will go beyond ankle deep I guess that confirms their trepidation as well...

I'm not saying anything Zee... I am just observing what is being said and posted on other forums... I have run pulse machines for years and honestly I'm not impressed...

They are doing a pretty good job of selling it... example they post a picture of a ton of rings off a beach... but they needed a permit to hunt this spot... anyone who knows what he is doing could have found that amount of gold and it wouldn't take a AQ to find it...

The need to make this detector sound like the greatest because of the price they are going to ask for it...

Just my opinion here..

Instead of using people who look like they don't know what they are doing on the beach they should use a beach hunter...

In one video I watched they showed a beach with sand and then when on to say as they dug down it was black sand... It looks just like the beaches we have around here a few inches of sand followed by black looking sand that in reality is nothing more than sand mixed with silt...

I would love a pulse that is deep and would disc out iron... so far I haven't seen it.

I'm not saying anything Zee... I am just observing what is being said and posted on other forums... I have run pulse machines for years and honestly I'm not impressed...

They are doing a pretty good job of selling it... example they post a picture of a ton of rings off a beach... but they needed a permit to hunt this spot... anyone who knows what he is doing could have found that amount of gold and it wouldn't take a AQ to find it...

The need to make this detector sound like the greatest because of the price they are going to ask for it...

Just my opinion here..

Instead of using people who look like they don't know what they are doing on the beach they should use a beach hunter...

In one video I watched they showed a beach with sand and then when on to say as they dug down it was black sand... It looks just like the beaches we have around here a few inches of sand followed by black looking sand that in reality is nothing more than sand mixed with silt...

I would love a pulse that is deep and would disc out iron... so far I haven't seen it.

I would love a detector that could only detect GOLD ! Not aluminum , Not nickels , Not iron , Not silver , etc. Not other metals. Just GOLD !
GOLD ! GOLD ! GOLD !

What are you thinking Joe ? Our AQ Devils will hear a nickel at 24 with the Secret sauce :shock::secret::egyptian::gimmy::extrahappy::run1::sweet: howboughtit

I think it is something we will need to tweak Earl. The Headphones are the weak point on all water machines because of the way they must be made. From the one video I seen several months ago I can almost swear I can squeeze a lot more from it with the skullies. And these super deep targets our "Not" going to be the one's that say dig me...One will really need to go slow and listen.......

Dew at this point right now I really don't see the "AQ" getting anymore gold rings then my Excalibur, what I do see is a specialty machine, one just for some area's.
I'm already laying out a plan...:research:..which I believe I can get the most out of it.

Back
Top Bottom