Bart does it again!...New Garrett Carrot on the way!

DIGGER27

In Memory Of
Alabama, by way of Detroit, Tampa Bay, Alabama and
Can't say enough good things about dealing with this guy.
I have had a few and like always transactions have been effortless, smooth and easy.
If this one is like most others he probably had the thing packed up, labeled and sent off before we even got off the phone so I expect it soon.

I have used two Propointers in the 6+ year I have done this, one original and one I bought as a backup but I am hard on my tools, turn these things off and on millions of times during my hunts, dropped them on concrete many times, and eventually both switches failed.
I jury rigged them to keep them going so that was ok, I even called Garrett awhile ago and asked about fixing both switches and they made me a deal...usually $25 to fix a switch on one out of warranty unit which includes shipping back but they told me if I sent both in they would fix them both for that same $25.
You just can't argue with that kind of service except having both gone at the same time and hunting without one was not pleasing to me so I meant to but never did it.
Now it has been a few more years and I figure I deserve a new tool that works right like the old days so I will clean some clad and get a present for myself.
I was aiming for the original PP that has been upgraded to the PP ll because I just likes how it works and I have friends that have the carrot with that short recycle time when powering up and the switch that is more robust and a little harder to push did not thrill me.
However after discussing it with Bart he mentioned the ground balancing around mineralization thing this one can do and here in Bama we are ALL about mineralization plus adding in the waterproof thing and other features I changed my mind.
THAT'S why you deal with professional salesmen, the explanation about products and their features and benefits is just priceless.

I also have a Deteknix pointer I won in a contest from Bart a few years ago and that one was fine, good value for the money, but I broke the switch on that one too.
I called them and the guy said send it back but procrastinator me didn't do that either but now I will and make sure I have a backup.

A new tool for me and a great deal to boot...life is good!

You'll love the carrot.

I have a question for you though, when you're driving your car and your headlight goes out, do you wait until the other one goes out before repairing them? :laughing:

I'm obviously just kidding with my question, but it's the same exact concept.

You'll love the carrot.

I have a question for you though, when you're driving your car and your headlight goes out, do you wait until the other one goes out before repairing them? :laughing:

I'm obviously just kidding with my question, but it's the same exact concept.

Cops won't stop you and give you a ticket if you are using a pinpointer not working quite up to factory specs so...no.:D
Both of mine still worked for years well enough after sticking a spacer into the cap but they were never perfect.
Lately for the last few hunts the one I use really started to mess up and I was taking time fixing the thing instead of digging great targets so way to slow for me and way too frustrating.
I can adapt and deal with anything but...it was time.

These tools have helped me find many hundreds of dollars in clad yearly among other things like a ton of old coins and jewelry faster and way more efficiently than without them so the cost of replacing them from time to time if I need to is just logical to me...part of doing business
A year after I started this hobby I swore I would never spend any money out of pocket on any accessory or detector I buy for my hobby ever again, I would pay for everything using the clad I find or the jewelry I sell...and I haven't and never will.

Cops won't stop you and give you a ticket if you are using a pinpointer not working quite up to factory specs so...no.:D
Both of mine still worked for years well enough after sticking a spacer into the cap but they were never perfect.
Lately for the last few hunts the one I use really started to mess up and I was taking time fixing the thing instead of digging great targets so way to slow for me and way too frustrating.
I can adapt and deal with anything but...it was time.

These tools have helped me find many hundreds of dollars in clad yearly among other things like a ton of old coins and jewelry so the cost of replacing them from time to time if I need to is just logical to me...part of doing business
A year after I started this hobby I swore I would never spend any money out of pocket on any accessory or detector I buy for my hobby ever again, I would pay for everything using the clad I find or the jewelry I sell...and I haven't and never will.

That's exactly how I'm doing things from now on. All of my future purchases pertaining to the hobby will be bought from whatever I find. I did purchase my F70 with last years income tax return, so I'm still trying to pay that off with my finds. The Garrett carrot and two of my coils were Christmas/birthday gifts from my wife, so that doesn't really count. But I'm with you on the future purchases being paid solely from what I've found.

That's exactly how I'm doing things from now on. All of my future purchases pertaining to the hobby will be bought from whatever I find. I did purchase my F70 with last years income tax return, so I'm still trying to pay that off with my finds. The Garrett carrot and two of my coils were Christmas/birthday gifts from my wife, so that doesn't really count. But I'm with you on the future purchases being paid solely from what I've found.

I have spent about $1600-$1700 on all the stuff I use or have used up to now including my detectors.
If you add up all the clad I have found plus just the silver and gold I have found also just at melt prices I figure it is somewhere in the $3-$4000 range.
Those numbers work for me.
I also still have several gold items that are way to good to send in for melt and I will figure out somewhere to sell them for much more one day if needed.

I will never get rich doing this but ya gotta love a hobby that actually pays for itself.

Aaaaaaannnnnnndddd I told you his shipping is fast!
Talked to him about 9:15 this morning and at 9:40 I got this confirmation e mail...

It just shipped!

Transaction ID:
Hello David XXXXX

Your package from BigBoysHobbies.net is on its way. You can track it online using this tracking number.

U.S. Postal Service: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Shipping details
Mailing date: Mar 28, 2017
Shipper: U.S. Postal Service
Tracking number: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Service type: Priority Mail® service(1-3 days)
Shipping Status: Shipped
Insured: Yes - please contact the seller if you need to file a shipping claim

Priority mail, 1-3 days it says.
The way the post office has been lately rerouting packages all over the place due to closing down several of their processing centers I figure this is just a suggestion...but it definitely could happen if they take a logical route from OK. to Birmingham.
I could just be using this thing by the weekend so here's hoping.

Getting closer!
I assume it took a plane trip last night...

Your item departed our USPS facility in OKLAHOMA CITY, OK 73107 on March 28, 2017 at 9:08 pm. The item is currently in transit to the destination.

Estimated delivery: Thursday, March 30, 2017

Nope...by truck since as of 10:00 am it is currently in Arkansas.

Last edited:
An hour ago it arrived in my city.

DATE TIME LOCATION STATUS
Mar 29 3:14 PM Birmingham, AL, United States Arrived at USPS facility

Tomorrow baby!

A good thing too...on a short hunt today I was futzing with the switch again because it stopped working and I tore it right off the board.
I tried digging a few more targets and do the passing dirt over the coil thing but that just ain't my thing so I went home.
Timing is everything in this world.

An hour ago it arrived in my city.

DATE TIME LOCATION STATUS
Mar 29 3:14 PM Birmingham, AL, United States Arrived at USPS facility

Tomorrow baby!

A good thing too...on a short hunt today I was futzing with the switch again because it stopped working and I tore it right off the board.
I tried digging a few more targets and do the passing dirt over the coil thing but that just ain't my thing so I went home.
Timing is everything in this world.

At least you know that your troubles are over tomorrow.:yes:

I had to work later than normal and I had a dentist appointment, by the time I was able to hunt the soccer fields started filling up with kids so I scadaddled outta there. I'm not a soccer fan but apparently spring soccer is getting ready to start up. I noticed the lines were a bit whiter yesterday. :laughing: Oh well, I guess the silver lining in this situation is that the sidelines will soon be littered with gold rings and pocket change. :laughing:

And it's here!
Pretty much 3 days to the hour when I ordered it.
Some fun times now.

Thank you Bart!

Attachments

• user10659_pic74738_1490888125.jpg
    user10659_pic74738_1490888125.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 244
Just bought a new E-trac from Bart. Fast replies to any of your e-mails. Fast shipping. Just an overall top notch supplier. I wonder if the guy ever gets any sleep?

Just bought a new E-trac from Bart. Fast replies to any of your e-mails. Fast shipping. Just an overall top notch supplier. I wonder if the guy ever gets any sleep?

Nice guy to talk to on the phone, too.
I think he is right next store to a post office from what I can figure if he stocks.
If he drop ships he must order the second you hang up the phone.

Back
Top Bottom