2009 Forum gift exchange

Rammjäger

Elite Member
This pocketknife was sent to me in 2009 by our
fellow member Turtlefoot in an year's end gift exchange.
I hope Doug sees this post and knows that I preciate and
keep his gift.:yes:

Attachments

• WP_20190325_16_43_52_Pro.jpg
    WP_20190325_16_43_52_Pro.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 123
I don't know how to react to this. That looks like something I would have (and actually have) thrown away.

Unless there's something "relic-y" about it, I don't get it...

Please don't take offense at this, because if there's one thing Metal Detecting has taught me, is that "one man's trash is another man's treasure." But at the same time, "One man's treasure is also another man's trash." LOL

If you love it, AWESOME. :):cool3:

Skippy

I'd have kept that and displayed it with my found knives :)

Being a gift from Turtlefoot (who hasn't been online here for a long long time that I know of, and his headstamp knowledge greatly missed by myself) is very cool.

How is turtlefoot? Haven't seen his post and miss his wisdom especially when it came to head stamps. I sometimes would think he could sniff the 100 year old powder, and know what the shooter was shooting at.

Last edited:
I'd have kept that and displayed it with my found knives :)

Being a gift from Turtlefoot (who hasn't been online here for a long long time that I know of, and his headstamp knowledge greatly missed by myself) is very cool.

How is turtlefoot? Haven't seen his post and miss his wisdom especially when it came to head stamps. I sometimes would think he could sniff the 100 powder, and know what the shooter was shooting at.

I contributed to his headstamp collection with some rare german and english
Headstamps. I hope he is doing well and the absence in this forum is just as
mine because life goes on and intereses changes.

Back
Top Bottom