Barbers, rosie, ihp, tokens, wheats

jerr-man

Forum Supporter
OK, so I got a permission last year just as winter started and did not have a chance to get up there until last Monday night. That was a great hunt for me, bringing home (3) silvers that night plus clad. (On a previous post). I went back Thursday and found a bunch of clad and some Wheaties AND the 1900 BARBER dime. YAHOO !!!!!. All the while I was just hitting the curb strip. Today, I decided I would venture out into the yard and did I have fun. I instantly hit the 1907 IHP. Then I got a 12/26 signal about 4" and out comes the square GOLD piece. Not sure what it is but came out of the ground GOLD and shiny. I assume it was some sort of jewelry but who knows. I started working around that area and hit a couple of the wheats. I didn't go far and hit a 12/43, 5", out pops the 1964 Rosie. YAHOOO, SILVER BABY !!!! Not far from there I found the old bullet. Has the nice white patina so I am calling it civil war era. (I don't know if it is or not but that's my story and I'm sticking to it.). It has 2 distinct rings around it but cannot find my calipers to measure. I kept working towards where I thought the house used to sit and got a hard 12/47, 8". Dug down and YAHOOOO out comes the 1895 BARBER quarter, WOW !! Its seems like forever that I have found a Barber quarter. In this same area I found the 5 cent play money and the Oklahoma Tax token. Then I get a great sounding 11/39 about 10". I thought why not, dug down and out comes this GREAT POD button. I am told this is a Post Office uniform button. It is in great shape and I have never seen OR found one so great addition to my collection of buttons. What a fun hunt for me !!!!! Total CLAD from this property so far is $4.29, (16) Wheats, including a 1909, 1923, 1929D, 1929S, 1934, 1936D, 1938, (2) 1944, 1944S, 1949D, 1951D, 1956D, 1957D Couple I cant read the dates on. I have only covered about 1/3 of the yard so I will be going back this next week. Cant wait. I ran the 3030 in Coins, Ground Coin, +3, Fast On, Combined tones.

Attachments

• 03242019  hunt.jpg
    03242019 hunt.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 202
  • 03242019 hunt2.jpg
    03242019 hunt2.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 150
  • 03242019 hunt3.jpg
    03242019 hunt3.jpg
    106.3 KB · Views: 149
  • 03242019 hunt4.jpg
    03242019 hunt4.jpg
    101.4 KB · Views: 160
  • 03242019 hunt5.jpg
    03242019 hunt5.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 154
That's a great S-C-R-A-B-B-L-E of coins there JERR !! :laughing:
a bushel basket of wheats :D a silver save of two barbers and a roise ,and an injun ? with a clad grab! Looks like a productive site.
Get that gold square looked at and tested ....:?:

Congratulations on a very nice productive hunt, cool button, silver, IH, and a double handful of wheats. Found my last Barber quarter in March of '14. Way over due!

Sent from my LG-V495 using Tapatalk

What a awesome hunt Jerry. Congrats on the Barber Quarter, the Silver Dimes. the huge pile of Wheat's along with all the rest. Hope the return trip is as good. Trapper

now THAT'S a good day of hunting! Congrats on the awesome finds!
Thank You
That's a great S-C-R-A-B-B-L-E of coins there JERR !! :laughing:
a bushel basket of wheats :D a silver save of two barbers and a roise ,and an injun ? with a clad grab! Looks like a productive site.
Get that gold square looked at and tested ....:?:
Thanks Dick, cant wait to see what you find with the NOX.
Congratulations on a very nice productive hunt, cool button, silver, IH, and a double handful of wheats. Found my last Barber quarter in March of '14. Way over due!
Thank You, I was beginning to wonder if I would ever find another Barber quarter. lol.

Sent from my LG-V495 using Tapatalk

Congrats, what an awesome hunt.

Thank YOu

Awesome finds Jerry!
Thanks Tom

Congrats on the great finds! Sounds like a pretty good permission to me.:yes:

Thank You

What a awesome hunt Jerry. Congrats on the Barber Quarter, the Silver Dimes. the huge pile of Wheat's along with all the rest. Hope the return trip is as good. Trapper
Thanks Trapper, sure was a fun day. Just goes to show even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in awhile, lol.

Awesome group of finds, congrats!
Thanks Jam

Back
Top Bottom