7 grams of muddy yellow...

Cfmct

Administrator
Admin
Forum Supporter
I worked for the targets this past hunt... saw an area of a beach with red sand and decided to work it.. 4 silver from the slope where the red sand was the gold was on the edge..

I found the name plate first and then decided to try for the chain knowing the clasp was most likely still attached.. about a foot away from the plate I got a trashy broken low tone.. it was not deep about 4 inches ...the chain weights 1.6 grams the rest is the name plate.. I dig the worst sounding stuff with my excal because in the past I found gold this way... those who only dig nice smooth sounding targets are going to pass up on good stuff.. deep nickels and silver can also be terrible scratchy tone... I only hunted about 25 feet of this spot... its gonna get hit hard very soon :D

Rest of chain probably still there... I swung around the area didn't hear anything else..

Attachments

• IMG_0692.jpg
    IMG_0692.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 795
  • IMG_0694.jpg
    IMG_0694.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 787
  • IMG_0695.jpg
    IMG_0695.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 774
  • IMG_0693.jpg
    IMG_0693.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 782
  • IMG_0691.jpg
    IMG_0691.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 793
  • IMG_0696.jpg
    IMG_0696.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 709
Last edited:
Nice hunt! Congrats! I gotta agree with you on digging those worst sounding tones with the Excal. Ive gotten a few surprises that way.

If my Xcal does not discriminate it out and I know it isn't a bottle cap I dig it I have heard some weird tones that turned out to be good targets So I dig some trash. But I do not want to miss a nice gold find

That is a lovely pendant... :shock:

Guess you did get out for a little bit. So do you want that added to the list of "pieces" to find more information/history on???:lol:

Looks like you kept busy...

Way to go Craig your killing it.

Thanks Bob...

Nice hunt! Congrats! I gotta agree with you on digging those worst sounding tones with the Excal. Ive gotten a few surprises that way.

Thanks 71DHB

If my Xcal does not discriminate it out and I know it isn't a bottle cap I dig it I have heard some weird tones that turned out to be good targets So I dig some trash. But I do not want to miss a nice gold find

Me either george... when I started beach hunting it was with a pulse so I am not afraid to dig trash.. :D

Congrats on your great hunt!

thanks Charlie..

Congrats on the Silkah????? Necklace.:lol:

I'm going with what you said the name is :lol: I can't figure it out and I am holding it ;) and thanks..

That is a lovely pendant... :shock:

Guess you did get out for a little bit. So do you want that added to the list of "pieces" to find more information/history on???:lol:

Looks like you kept busy...

I'll go out whenever I can Bill... work is knocking on the door... ;)

No thanks Bill :laughing: unless you can decipher the name. I think it says Earl...

Nice looking gold!!

Thanks InSheperdsArms..

Sweet hunt Craig. You're on a roll again.

Thanks Frank... Its hard with my strained MCL in my left knee that is the knee I have to dig with though..

Congrats on the nice chunk of gold!!!!

Thanks Lil..

Nice haul. Cant wait to see the next results

Thanks Steve.. we shall see.. ;)

Congrats on the gold!

Thanks Ground

Detector did you use, a DF , or Excalibur :?: Some oldies 4 sure .

Earl.. I own the Excalibur and MXT that is all. Its all I need at the time and thanks..

Nice hunting!

Thanks Saoirse..

That's a great haul Craig, congrats! :cool3:

Pete

Thanks Pete

Great hunt. A nice variety of targets.

Thanks Rover.

Back
Top Bottom