• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Which of these would you detect?

John Madill

Elite Member
Drove through a very tiny town in the midsouth surrounded by cotton fields.
This little town was only about 6 blocks square and most homes, but not all, abandoned.

A church had been converted to a city hall but it is closed, probably only opened for monthly meetings.

There was an old store and a very old playground.

And many homes like the one pictured here.

I am thinking i would avoid the store and home(s) but the city hall and playground looked like fair game.

What would you do?

Attachments

• post.city.hall.jpg
    post.city.hall.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 230
  • post.nimmons.1.jpg
    post.nimmons.1.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 229
  • post.nimmons.2.jpg
    post.nimmons.2.jpg
    82.1 KB · Views: 227
  • psot.nimmons.4.jpg
    psot.nimmons.4.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 230
I'd go Playground first, I love the potential of a virgin old playground.

The house looks just like my Grandparent's house in Iola Kansas. They both past many years ago, but it looked just like that. If that is in Iola it was their house. Not sure of the date of construction, but I always felt it was old.

Then the church. Old churches can be good for silver. Collection plate money is given to the kids, and then it gets lost playing outside.

John, The playground, the store and all the properties along with the city hall. I would also stop at the homes with residents and ask permission. (that would be after the rest was finished). Trapper

Yep John, that's some real prime ground there. I'd start with the public places, the playground for sure. Try to talk to anything that moves in that town while your swinging the detector over that playground. Make some connections, schmooze, get permission for the whole guacamole!

My worries on the house and store were over tresspassing.

I wouldn't think twice about that with the store, as for the house, I would only ask about it if someone was around otherwise I'd just go for it. Especially if it looks like the one in your photo.

Back
Top Bottom