How's this offer?

mws_1984

Elite Member
Just found a guy looking for pre 1965 coins. His offers are $2.40 per dime, $6 per quarter and $12 per half dollar.

I know some could be worth more depending on the year, but is this a fair price. Not sure if he's trying to buy and resell or what.

Just found a guy looking for pre 1965 coins. His offers are $2.40 per dime, $6 per quarter and $12 per half dollar.

I know some could be worth more depending on the year, but is this a fair price. Not sure if he's trying to buy and resell or what.

You can do better...silver is up again and the guru's say to hang on to what you have.....

Dusty

I'm with Dusty!

I am with Dusty! Hoard your silver, gold and platinum. The dollar has never been as close to extinction as it is now. Precious metals will have the highest buying power if we don't gain control of the economy. Otherwise, learn chinese!

I'll give you $2.41 for dimes, $$6.03 for quarters, and $12.12 for 90% halfs! All pre-65 coins!:lol:

If you're hurting for cash...you're hurting for cash....but I bet someone here would give you a little more.

I don't see $50/ounce silver in the near future. The powers that be cut out most of the small-time investors that were a big help in the run up of the price!

How about that he throws in finding and getting permittion for places to hunt too!?

Today's melt value according to Coinflation.com.

Silver Dimes - $2.7459 ea
Silver Quarters - $6.8649 ea
Silver Halves (90%) - $13.7299 ea

i'd just hold on to it unless ya need the cash, looks like silver has been takin an upward swing again the past few days and will be topping 40 bucks very soon again....or atleast thats my guess:lol:

i'd just hold on to it unless ya need the cash, looks like silver has been takin an upward swing again the past few days and will be topping 40 bucks very soon again....or atleast thats my guess:lol:

I have yet to find any silver so just was curious how that actually is for an offer. I probably would just keep it if I do find anything. Not happening yet.

Wow! Where do you advise selling silver coins? I have a bunch of pre-1965 coins that I don't have any need for.

that is close to spot. I would save my silver until it goes up some more. but if you need the money its a decent offer.

Be careful meeting people from craigslist, make sure to meet in a public place where there are other people around. Always tell others where you are going in case something happens. use common sense.

Sell them here in the classified section....I'm sure you'll have no problem, at all, selling them!

Good Luck!

Cool! I might just do that soon. I very frequently sell items in the classifieds on other forums( unrelated topics; fishing, hunting, biking, and gaming) so Im sure I will have no problem here.

BTW, what is the actual silver value of a pre-1965 dime. Just curious;)

I'll give you $2.41 for dimes, $$6.03 for quarters, and $12.12 for 90% halfs! All pre-65 coins!:lol:

If you're hurting for cash...you're hurting for cash....but I bet someone here would give you a little more.

I don't see $50/ounce silver in the near future. The powers that be cut out most of the small-time investors that were a big help in the run up of the price!

It was $48-49 around the end of April.

That is actually a pretty good deal. Most coin shops and pawn shops give 20-30% below melt value. They are even worse if you are only selling a few coins at a time. If you need the money then that is a pretty fair price. if not, hide em away for 10 or 20 years and see what they have done. Silver price will go up, just slow and steady from now on. It won't probably see $50 and ounce for quite a while now. Just my opinion though.

Back
Top Bottom