Public Service Announcement! NEVER USE E-15 GASOLINE! IMPORTANT FOR PRE-2012 VEHICLES

Rudy

Admin
This story is on the up and up. Be sure to watch this video!

New gas coming to your gas station; PAY ATTENTION

If you like your car, please watch this short video. It's the real deal! I'm not sure how the EPA could okay something like this.....

Watch video about E15 gas if you have a car older than 2012

Gets too bad you'll have to do like they do in racing engines and order some lead additive to add to your gas. We have ethanol free here. But its double the price of ethanol. Older engines ethanol used to burn a hole right through your pistons. I know we had a gas additive plant blow up and it sent a valve through the air a mile down the road.

They changed the gas in Michigan in early 2011 and didn't tell anybody or acknowledge that anything was changed at all.

All of a sudden everything except my cars stopped running. :?:

Leaf blower, chainsaws, quad's, lawn mower etc. I have always used sea foam or sta-bil gas additives so I was bewildered to say the least.

I pulled a carb off one of the quads and brought it into my Yamaha dealer on a sunday morning and the guy waved at a repair area full, wall to wall, with bikes and snowmobiles that didn't run!!

He took my carb apart on the bench and showed me how to clean the jets. They upped the ethanal in the gas and all the small engines were gumming up.

There is an additive called Star Tron, it's in a blue plastic bottle. That stuff neutralizes the ethanal and it works.

I treat all my gas now with it and no more problems. If you have something that barely runs if you get some star tron into the fuel system and let it sit overnight it will probably clear it up.

If your motor just plain won't start you have to pull the carb and clear the jets.

The ethanal also melts the inside of most plastic fuel lines causing chinks to break free and lodge in your carburator.

A bad deal all the way around for small engines.

We use the 89 (super unleaded) here on the farm and have never had a problem with our leaf blowers, chainsaws, 4 wheelers or tractors. Now I don't know about others having problems.

What urks me is their farmer approach. Everyone and I mean everyone gets their hands in the farmers pockets. From transportation to fertilizer, and chemical, marketing. We (farmers) don't necessarily make any more money from high corn prices over the long term.

I can tell you with certain, here in Nebraska my net income per acre on corn ground this year is around $120 an acre. That's net, not gross. My gross this year was $915 an acre. This is on 56 acres that I had planted to irrigated corn this year. I am not complaining about it, its just the way it is. So, basically it is hard to upgrade equipment on corn. This is on rented ground by the way, as I do not own land.

You watch and see. Right now corn price is over $3.00 per bushel LESS than a year ago. See if your groceries go down that relative amount. I'll wager they do not.

So back to the gas problem. Maybe we're still old school here, but we do not use the E15 or E85 or whatever is out there. My main concern is that you have a choice to go back to good old 87 or 89 octane. I sure hope it is not an effort to push for newer car sells

NebTrac

If it ain't the cheapest available my car starts to be a wise guy, so it drinks the cheapest. Poor old car.

MTBE replaced lead, and now Ethanol has replaced MTBE. E10 is bad for small engines, anything with a higher ethanol content is a no go. Ethanol is an alcohol, that is why it breaks down gas lines, seals, orings, etc. It also attracts water. E10 is ok in cars because you normally run your car daily, so you're constantly replacing it with fresh new gas. Even with a good gas stabilizer like Startron, I wouldn't use any gas that has been sitting for more than 2 1/2 - 3 months. At 2 1/2 months, I would pour it in a clear glass first and let it sit to see if it separates before using it in a small engine. Typically 87, 89, 91, 93 octane fuels all have the same ethanol content, it's just that higher octane gas has a lower pre-ignition level. That's sometimes why you can stop pinging by going to a higher octane. And also why you can advance your timing further safely with higher octane than lower. Contrary to what a lot of people believe, higher octane doesn't mean more combustion.

MTBE replaced lead, and now Ethanol has replaced MTBE. E10 is bad for small engines, anything with a higher ethanol content is a no go. Ethanol is an alcohol, that is why it breaks down gas lines, seals, orings, etc. It also attracts water. E10 is ok in cars because you normally run your car daily, so you're constantly replacing it with fresh new gas. Even with a good gas stabilizer like Startron, I wouldn't use any gas that has been sitting for more than 2 1/2 - 3 months. At 2 1/2 months, I would pour it in a clear glass first and let it sit to see if it separates before using it in a small engine. Typically 87, 89, 91, 93 octane fuels all have the same ethanol content, it's just that higher octane gas has a lower pre-ignition level. That's sometimes why you can stop pinging by going to a higher octane. And also why you can advance your timing further safely with higher octane than lower. Contrary to what a lot of people believe, higher octane doesn't mean more combustion.

Ethanol gas will not separate. Ethanol is an alcohol. Alcohol is what is known as a "polar solvent". That means that it readily mixes with both petroleum and water.

Which leads to another major problem with ethanol blends of fuel. They WILL absorb humidity and further degrade the fuel. It has been a major problem with marine fuel since it was introduced.

I used to use an ethanol blend (don't know the percent) till I noticed I was getting about 10-12% less fuel economy. We're fortunate in that a local mom and pop grocery store around the corner sells non E gas at about 15 to 20 cents a gallon more, depending on grade. It's a small price to pay for reliability and better milage. It's all we use for our vehicles, chain saws, mowers, etc. Thanks for the video Rudy! Curt

Ethanol gas will not separate. Ethanol is an alcohol. Alcohol is what is known as a "polar solvent". That means that it readily mixes with both petroleum and water.

Which leads to another major problem with ethanol blends of fuel. They WILL absorb humidity and further degrade the fuel. It has been a major problem with marine fuel since it was introduced.

Gasoline and water DO separate though, that is what I was suggesting by letting old gas sit in a clear container. I forgot to include a sentence about ethanol absorbing moisture before the one about letting it sit... oops.

Wow. I see there is a lot of misinformation out there about Ethanol. I have no vested interest in promoting Ethanol. I do have a concern that Fox "news" likes to pick a sensational angle and go full steam ahead regardless of their accuracy. Many of the things they report are true, but when delivered as if they are secrets or conspiratorial they sound more scandalous than they actually are. I converted my 2002 step-van to flex-fuel about 6 years ago. 50,000 miles later and its been great. My exhaust smells like a drunk vagrant but my engine runs perfectly fine. I lose about 20% in fuel economy when I run E-85. I only buy it when the price is at least 20% cheaper than unleaded. The bigger scam is the way the sell us 85 octane with 15 percent Ethanol in Colorado and we get no price break for the reduced quality. I don't think Ethanol is the answer to the worlds problems. Nor do I think it is the Devil. It is but one more alternative to reduce our reliance on TexAmoShellNoco. If they would make Ethanol from switchgrass instead of corn it would be better for the environment. But then again corn can always be eaten. People want you to believe corn is in short supply and that we are taking away from food production to make ethanol. Not true. There is still a surplus of corn every year. Your tax dollars still pay corporations NOT to grow corn. If you want to use gasoline, use gasoline. If you want to use Ethanol, fine. If not, fine. Just take a minute and think about it either way. For me personally I would rather burn Monsanto corn than eat it.

In order to create ethanol, all biomass needs to go through some of these steps: it needs to be grown, collected, dried, fermented, and burned. All of these steps require resources and an infrastructure.

The total amount of energy input into the process compared to the energy released by burning the resulting ethanol fuel is known as the ethanol fuel energy balance (sometimes called "Net energy gain") and studied as part of the wider field of energy economics. Figures compiled in a 2007 National Geographic Magazine article point to modest results for corn ethanol produced in the US. 1 unit of energy input equals 1.3 energy units of corn ethanol energy. The energy balance for sugarcane ethanol produced in Brazil is much more favorable, 1 to 8.

Over the years, however, many reports have been produced with contradicting energy balance estimates. A 2006 University of California Berkeley study, after analyzing six separate studies, concluded that producing ethanol from corn uses marginally less petroleum than producing gasoline.

Back
Top Bottom